+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Unfortunate but seen it coming.

I wonder what kind of questions ST asks someone at interview.

How little can I pay you might be one question ....
    You could be very close to the truth LS, and the second, and final question, would be along the lines of 'is a Jaffa cake a cake or a biscuit'

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Supposedly manager is to be in ahead of Dumbarton- does that mean today is the day?!?

I think it will be Hughes as cheapest option for ST. As said above we have just sacked the manager that got raith to play offs and replacing with the one that got them relegated!!

Not sure where Billy Reid idea is coming from - he hated united when he was at Hamilton. I’m not keen.

Of the realistic candidates that ST will go for as out of work I could handle McIntyre, Stubbs or Lennon.

Jack Ross would be great but compo no chance under ST now and doubt he would come to take over our mess
    We've seen this coming for weeks, so I would think preliminary discussions have been, at the very least, explored and the new gaffer lined up before McKinnon got his jotters.
    Last edited by ahlltanyirhide; 25-10-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Dinnae ken my jitters fae jotters

Tele floating the idea of Laurie Ellis taking the team on Saturday which will have been hinted to them from within United.

I’m glad to see some time being taken.

Have to get this right.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Tele floating the idea of Laurie Ellis taking the team on Saturday which will have been hinted to them from within United.

Have to get this right.
    Would like to think every application would be carefully considered and the best, most qualified person would be appointed, regardless of costs. However, that would be in an ideal world, and there is not much ideal with United at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post

Have to get this right.
    He's taking training, so they are probably just putting 2 & 2 together.

They also report Houston, for whatever reason, is out of the running for the job and that we may be searching further afield than Hughes & McIntyre. Again, it sounds like guesswork by The Tele.

Until I hear anything from a Taxi Drehver I will treat everything with a pinch of salt!

Of those being mentioned I'm leaning towards Mac90 and Dodsie today. Beginning to think they could motivate and sort our squad out.

Prediction:

If it's Yogi we'll re-sign Eddie Ofere and start hoofing it at him

If it's Jimmy Mac we'll get Brian Graham in on loan.

Billy Reid makes sense now. He made Hamilton millions of £ in transfers. ST must be creaming at the thought.

Mixu was the first person and last person interviewed.
    Did all the others want wages? Mixu didn't understand the question.
    I think ST will ask everyone to put the least they would accept to be paid into a sealed envelop to be opened next Monday.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)