+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by antoinepreget View Post
    Looking like Hughes. Decent records at Falkirk and Inverness. Started well at Hibs but didn’t sustain. Spell at Raith the only genuine issue?
    Spells at Raith, Hibs & Hartlepool were horrendous. Lost the fans and the dressing room at all 3. Magic.

Get Billy Davies in pronto. Yogi would give me the fear.

Seemed to start well at hibs and Hartlepool. Must have petered out - can’t really remember!

Bookies stopped taking bets

I doubt we've even interviewed anyone at this juncture

Davies and Lambert are the stand out names but we've zero chance of getting either IMO.

I reckon its one of McIntyre Hughes or Stubbs.......

Quote Originally Posted by antoinepreget View Post
    Seemed to start well at hibs and Hartlepool. Must have petered out - can’t really remember!
    I like Hughes, he's a character as well, but what on earth happened at Raith Rovers?
    He'd be there still if they hadn't been relegated under him, he took them from 7th to 9th and then lost to Brechin over two legs.
    Disaster!
    What do you call it in the corporate world when you appoint a ceo on a short term basis, crisis management or something?
    We're needing that sort of thing, a troubleshooter who rides in, gets us up, then rides off & we then take time to appoint the next permanent manager to guide us to top six Prem.
    I wonder if that Hotel Inspector woman knows anything about football? Doubt it and she's a pain in the jacksy anyway.

P.S. Billy Dodds on his own anybody...?

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Bookies stopped taking bets
    Would suggest that's because they are taking bets on a market that doesn't actually exist (yet?) - not sure on the legalities of that.

Quote Originally Posted by the baldy snake View Post
    Would suggest that's because they are taking bets on a market that doesn't actually exist (yet?) - not sure on the legalities of that.
    It's legal. There's a book on Manchester United's next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by the baldy snake View Post
    They were taking bets yesterday, McIntyre odds drifted to 4/1 and John Hughes went to 8/11

When you read through all the various threads since the weekend, one thing is abundantly clear; there is no one viable candidate that will unify all the support behind them. If you go for experience then you have to accept that there will be spells that have not been successful in their past. If you want somebody that hasn't had those spells you are realistically looking at a young inexperienced manager. We are a very fractious support, certainly online anyway, at present and whoever is appointed won't instantly change that. I idealistically want somebody who has a different culture to the traditional Scottish manager. However in the short term I can't help but feel we need somebody experienced in this league and this situation to make the most of what we've got. Whoever gets it is going to need support and a degree of time from all those involved at United.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)