+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your choice?

Yogi for me, nae ties to the club and done a great joab wi the snecki.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyce_arab View Post
    Yogi for me, nae ties to the club and done a great joab wi the snecki.
    So did Brewster, Christie, Butcher, Robertson. They all did **** all after that. ICT is one of these clubs that people do well at, move on to bigger things, and flop badly. It's a no for me.

Yogi is a NO for me. Poor recent managerial record and I think he would be a Mixu Part 2 in that he wouldn’t have much of a clue, would probably p1ss off his squad with bullying tactics & panic buy (if he was given any money)

I’m not sure who I want realistically, maybe Stubbs or Lambert or someone if that ilk, but doubt they would be interested in Utd or working with ST.

Can anyone find the thread that had all the choices for manager when the Finnish Mix Up got the chop. Would be interesting to see who people wanted back then.

I think a manager who has been out of work for a while who takes in a lot of matches could be a good choice. Or even a person who is in a different country who has seen what type of player could be available to him once he has asessed his squad.

For me McIntyre lost Boyce and just went for known players in McKay, Mikkelsen and Draper. Whereas if you look at Hartley when he was at Alloa he knew what he wanted at Dundee by signing Bain from Alloa and Stewart from Cowdenbeath. Hughes you could say is like McIntyre in that he hasn't unearthed much talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Until I hear anything from a Taxi Drehver I will treat everything with a pinch of salt!
    Nae doubt he'll be on here soon with a newsflash straight fae the backseat

Despite our fall from grace over the last few years I’d be surprised if some managers don’t still see us as a big club in the wrong league.
    And would fancy the chance of getting us back where we should be.
    So while the papers speculate on Hughes or McIntyre there might be some other names interested.
    Wishful thinking maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post

For me McIntyre lost Boyce and just went for known players in McKay, Mikkelsen and Draper. Whereas if you look at Hartley when he was at Alloa he knew what he wanted at Dundee by signing Bain from Alloa and Stewart from Cowdenbeath. Hughes you could say is like McIntyre in that he hasn't unearthed much talent.
    FWIW, Hartley would've been top of my list had he still been available.

Tele saying Gordon Young is a contender. Now based in US where his son at university!

IS this coming from within tannadice and if so what purpose is there in releasing this!

If they wanted Young then time surely would be after Mixu left. Sticking in a rookie manager mid season and mid crisis hardly sensible

WHO knows what is going on?? Is this to try and argue down others wage demands!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Tele saying Gordon Young is a contender. Now based in US where his son at university!

IS this coming from within tannadice and if so what purpose is there in releasing this!

If they wanted Young then time surely would be after Mixu left. Sticking in a rookie manager mid season and mid crisis hardly sensible

The assistant to one of the worst managers in our history. This would be the final straw for me.

Gordon ****ing Young!! Wow, just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

I thought at the time that we should have kept him on, perhaps as the head of the academy, as he was at Motherwell. He handled himself well in the few games he took charge of, and has a good reputation.

As manager in the situation we're in now though, absolutely not.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)