+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    I think its already a big ask for any appointee.

Its almost like another pre season and the other teams are already out of the blocks.

Whatever we cant afford to let the gap grow further.

Otherwise its the playoffs again and hoping the dirty Dees are there for us.

What ? Ye wanting another doing

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    I think its already a big ask for any appointee.

Its almost like another pre season and the other teams are already out of the blocks.

Whatever we cant afford to let the gap grow further.

Otherwise its the playoffs again and hoping the dirty Dees are there for us.
    The only time in 50 years i would have wanted to avoid the Dees is prior to ADMIN 1 when they were busy racking up 23 million of debt however i am kind of hoping they go straight down rather than fill the play off place this season as we are currently owned by someone who's name would fit very well on the DFC hall of shame board.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The only time in 50 years i would have wanted to avoid the Dees is prior to ADMIN 1 when they were busy racking up 23 million of debt however i am kind of hoping they go straight down rather than fill the play off place this season as we are currently owned by someone who's name would fit very well on the DFC hall of shame board.
    You said similar last year and the year before

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    You said similar last year and the year before
    Ken what to dae Sirus ?,go and spend half your miserable life diggin up what i said or posted in the last two years.That's what you are good at cause i cannie remember what i posted yesterday never mind twa FN year ago.

Well Billy Reid has gone from NA to 8/1 today. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    What are the latest odds mate?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What are the latest odds mate?.
    stubbs now 1/2!!??? wtf?hughes 2nd fav

time to just give up LOL!

GB who you think a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    FTD, I think you have gone a bit over the edge with that! There are a few players in there that the right manager can get the best out of, maybe just too many and that leads me to think there is a bit of unrest in the squad!

I am willing to give Durnan a by as its not his fault that he arrived under Sackie, endured Mixu, but in the end came good at this level. Hope he is given the chance at a higher level! Fraser kinda the same and i need to see him become a wee bit more of the player the expectation puts him at.

Toshney and Murdoch seem to be 2 honest guys who would play where and when required, but maybe not even good enough for our level.

Fyvie, King and to add Robson, McMullan and Stanton to this as well, maybe think they are something but are yet to prove their worth!

Overall, the new manager has one hell of a job on his hands and im not so sure Yogi is the man, but after Mc n Dodds, i really cant think of anyone else!
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Part of me agrees with this but part of me thinks its harsh.
    I'm just saying what I see. I maintain it's a good squad for this level, but it's nowhere near top flight standard. Any new manager will have the tools to win this league but will also need to ship off some dross in Jan and add more depth.

Should we find ourself going up I think I'd want/expect a whole new squad and although I prefer continuity season on season with this squad it would be essential to ensure we made a go of it,

I'm not looking to argue about it etc but would be interested to hear which of our squad you think would be picked up and play regularly by a top flight side. I can't think of any - at a stretch Fyvie on reputation only...

I find the Durnan comments particularly baffling - yes he looks ok at this level but he was so bad and so far off it in the top flight it's pretty clear that regardless of manager etc he has simply found his level - good championship player - not cut out for the step up.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Clearly the bookies have been reading here & Eastfootball. Bookies odds mean absolutely **** all at this stage. I could go and put £100 on Reid and he's instantly become the bookies favourite.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 27-10-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Clearly the bookies have been reading here & Eastfootball. Bookies odds mean absolutely **** all at this stage. I could go and put £100 on Reid and he's instantly become the bookies favourite.
    True

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)