+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Who's your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    That is never happening mate,Houston was the first person really to question the chairman's plan's for the club and looking back on that press conference now most,if not all of us backed Thompson at the time.Pedro kent what was coming but we never seen it ,the rent man will never forgive him for showing his true colours.
    I know it's got about as much chance of happening as Donald Trump marrying a muslim but in theory it could unite the support. Well 90% maybe. The problem any other new gaffer is going to have is a lot of the lads are going to say I told you he was shyte as soon as he loses his first game.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I know it's got about as much chance of happening as Donald Trump marrying a muslim but in theory it could unite the support. Well 90% maybe. The problem any other new gaffer is going to have is a lot of the lads are going to say I told you he was shyte as soon as he loses his first game.
    The support will never be united until we get rid of Thompson mate,it is galling to see the man wielding the axe of his failed managerial appointment's carries on regardless when he is the cancer killing the club,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I don’t get all this hype for Pedro,do people forget he couldn’t work with the squad when we had talent,so what gives you confidence he could work with our squad now.He’d probably sign another 3 central midfielders to accommodate his style and very rarely concede from set plays.lol let it go ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    I don’t get all this hype for Pedro,do people forget he couldn’t work with the squad when we had talent,so what gives you confidence he could work with our squad now.He’d probably sign another 3 central midfielders to accommodate his style and very rarely concede from set plays.lol let it go ffs.

He was an excellent manager for us and it's a myth about centre mids based on the last season with us, he played 4-4-2 the majority of time with two wide players much of the time, Swanson Buaben Gomis Conway 2010 to 2011 then Flood (right) S.Robertson Rankin GMS end of 2011 to mid 2012 (and some if the attacking football we played was excellent, especially with the latter team)

With strike partners being Daly/Goodie and Daly/Russell respectively

He was continually having to replace good talent every summer, fans got themselves in a state because we weren't top 6 at January, forgetting the excellent runs we'd had in March-May in the previous three years under Houston

Most United fans remember THAT interview as the reason Houston disappointed. For me it was the match v Slask where we had them by the throat before we sat back, sat deep, invited them on and eventually paid the price. It was a serious error and one which potentially cost the club a lot of money from the group stages.

I never said I wanted him btw, I was just creating debate by asking if he might be the one candidate who would at least unite the majority of the support behind him
    Last edited by stokearab; 31-10-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Stubbs Snubs Dundee United ~ Daily Record

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    Stubbs Snubs Dundee United ~ Daily Record
    He's an ugly kunt, at least he'll no be able tae fleg the bairns

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The support will never be united until we get rid of Thompson mate,it is galling to see the man wielding the axe of his failed managerial appointment's carries on regardless when he is the cancer killing the club,FACT.
    Agreed, no doubt in my mind that supporter hostility/despair at his chairmanship is deepening by the day

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    He was an excellent manager for us and it's a myth about centre mids based on the last season with us, he played 4-4-2 the majority of time with two wide players much of the time, Swanson Buaben Gomis Conway 2010 to 2011 then Flood (right) S.Robertson Rankin GMS end of 2011 to mid 2012 (and some if the attacking football we played was excellent, especially with the latter team)

With strike partners being Daly/Goodie and Daly/Russell respectively

He was continually having to replace good talent every summer, fans got themselves in a state because we weren't top 6 at January, forgetting the excellent runs we'd had in March-May in the previous three years under Houston
    He’d proven that he couldn’t buy any decent players and the defence got weaker every season and the amount of goals conceded from set plays,when every week he’d say(nearly)we don’t concede a lot from set plays.Sadly he was good with leveins squad but couldn’t build his own.He played s.robertson,gomis,bauban a lot and had Swanson and Danny cad stuck on the bench.I remember we got offers for Danny cad,never sold him,kept on the bench when we were crying out for someone on the right wing.He would be a disaster as our new manager.Thanks for some good times Pedro and best of luck.

Don't know why all the Peter Houston likes but three things -
    1) he's probably the last person who would apply for the job
    2) but had he applied his application would have been filed in the bin
    3) thank phuck

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)