+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Who's your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    It might not be a bad idea if it goes into next week. It will give Laurie Ellis another bite at the cherry, even though he doesn't want the job. Speaking with a few Raith fans, they and others are of the opinion that Raith's purple patch under McKinnon was more to do with Ellis than Ray.
    There's every possibility that Laurie Ellis would do as well as anyone.
    Interesting how he made 5 changes at Dumbarton, I wonder how many Raymond would have made & who the changes would have been following the two damaging 2-0 defeats.
    Hopefully prior to Raymond leaving there had always been good communication within the management team but I'm wondering, was Raymond stubborn?
    Many of us have heard nothing but good reports about LE from his previous club & do you know, I think he'd be as good a gamble as anyone else.
    Tho how well that would go down with the fans I'm much less sure...
    Would require a very brave decision. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    There's every possibility that Laurie Ellis would do as well as anyone.
    Interesting how he made 5 changes at Dumbarton, I wonder how many Raymond would have made & who the changes would have been following the two damaging 2-0 defeats.
    Hopefully prior to Raymond leaving there had always been good communication within the management team but I'm wondering, was Raymond stubborn?
    Many of us have heard nothing but good reports about LE from his previous club & do you know, I think he'd be as good a gamble as anyone else.
    Tho how well that would go down with the fans I'm much less sure...
    Would require a very brave decision. Not going to happen.

Smeds, we may be onto something? One part of me wants Ellis to be in charge on Saturday. I know he doesn't want the job, at least at this stage, but I have no confidence in any of the candidates. That does not mean that that lack of confidence is not misplaced, but the trust has been kicked out of me. So far Ellis is the only one who has proved anything, little though it may be.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 02-11-2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typos

Sun reporting that we are pursuing Tommy Wright. He knocked is back big time before and his style of football is far from pretty on the eye.

Would he get us up though??

Tommy Wright is a strange one. As we are a league below and he didn’t come last time hard to see that he would come to us now - unless there are serious problems behind the scenes over there

I would be amazed if we were after Wright,he cost's money and it has been reported that we dont have any.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would be amazed if we were after Wright,he cost's money and it has been reported that we dont have any.
    Exactly. Who knows what to believe. Those 'in the know' had us believe that Ray was going nowhere because we were skint and couldn't afford to pay him off, but we proved that to be *******s. Who knows, we may well be able to pay compo. It was reported that compo wouldn't be an issue for Hopkin. Wright would be a different kettle of fish altogether in terms of compo i know, but i'm just using Hopkin as an example that, if to be believed, money is there to get our man.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Exactly. Who knows what to believe. Those 'in the know' had us believe that Ray was going nowhere because we were skint and couldn't afford to pay him off, but we proved that to be *******s. Who knows, we may well be able to pay compo. It was reported that compo wouldn't be an issue for Hopkin. Wright would be a different kettle of fish altogether in terms of compo i know, but i'm just using Hopkin as an example that, if to be believed, money is there to get our man.
    I think the club are doing the right thing ( no pun intended ) by saying nothing and taking time to get their man. How often have we seen a hasty square peg in a round hole solution taken by the club in the past just to get somebody in the door?

It would be a master stroke to get Wright if this isn’t just more than paper talk, additionally if we did get Wright short term he might be poached for the NI job. Wright’s situation at the Farmers reminds me of Houston’s efforts to get thrown out.

Wright can F right off his team havnie scored for over 500 minutes.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)