+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still in the Pulis to stay camp?

Anyone still in the Pulis to stay camp?

Surely he is on very thin ice and could be gone very soon.asap for me....you?

Nope, still backing TP 110%.

We're going through a rough patch, but firing the coach is not going to solve anything.

Everton and sjoke spent millions and are below us, there is no guarantee that a change will improve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

We're going through a rough patch, but firing the coach is not going to solve anything.

Everton and sjoke spent millions and are below us, there is no guarantee that a change will improve anything.

Come on BB......three wins in the last 20 league matches for Christ's sakes.

It cannot be that Pulis is the only answer when it comes to Albion.

I have mates who follow various other clubs who cannot believe we stomach watching this s h y t e.

If Huddersfield can find a coach who can get them playing the way they do then why is this possibility beyond us?

They may be below us but barely and we had the "easy" start fixture wise.
    We cannot be worse post Pulis than we are with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Yep the rough patch has lasted 8 months and counting. What is going to solve it then? Let's ignore what other teams are doing what's the answer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Yep the rough patch has lasted 8 months and counting. What is going to solve it then? Let's ignore what other teams are doing what's the answer ?
    Long time in the doldrums Whicka...in the old days ships crews used to get very tetchy when stuck with no wind in the sails, and it seems so with the good ship Albion at the moment.

As for the answer I would refer you to my post in the thread 'Who could be our next manager' (post No.8).

Having a look at some of the lists that people have put up regarding managers available...one man kept hitting the eye...Laurent Blanc very successful wherever he has been. Whether or not he could do it with the resources at West Brom's disposal and whether the current owners can stand up and be counted is another matter. But the ship would be put back on an even keel and so gain a bit of momentum.
    A very influential man who might, just might, be able to tempt some decent players to the Hawthorns come January.

I still am in the stay camp...just.

The problems we face are twofold, firstly, I don't see many credible candidates to take over from him. The only one who I would be interested in is McInnes. There is no chance Blanc will come to us, Big Sam will probably play similar style football to Pulis and has said he doesn't want another Prem job. So who is there? We'll be taking a punt on someone, likely unproven. It can work but it can also fail miserably, look at the Villa.

Secondly, as bad as we were on Saturday, we were 5 minutes away from getting a point. The style of football we play means whenever we get something or grind a 1-0 win out, its a great feeling to play defensively and sucker punch the other team. When we lose it will be the exact opposite, you will be open to criticsm with our style of play. We won't change our style of play whilst he is still here.

Stoke had the right idea with Pulis, if you get rid of him it has to be in the Summer before the lads have even come back from pre season. Because if someone else comes in and tries to change what has been working relatively well for the last few seasons we could end up having a car crash, Villa style, season.

I think we stand a greater chance of staying up, which to be fair is our objective every season, with him in charge than without.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Long time in the doldrums Whicka...in the old days ships crews used to get very tetchy when stuck with no wind in the sails, and it seems so with the good ship Albion at the moment.

As for the answer I would refer you to my post in the thread 'Who could be our next manager' (post No.8).

Having a look at some of the lists that people have put up regarding managers available...one man kept hitting the eye...Laurent Blanc very successful wherever he has been. Whether or not he could do it with the resources at West Brom's disposal and whether the current owners can stand up and be counted is another matter. But the ship would be put back on an even keel and so gain a bit of momentum.
    A very influential man who might, just might, be able to tempt some decent players to the Hawthorns come January.
    Not a bad shout. There are people out there. If they had ambition they could poach someone. Someone said the Wolves got lucky with their bloke. Well if he's that good let's take him of them. The way that Mendez operates he'd sell his granny for a tenner ( that was said tongue in cheek btw before them from down the road jump on me). The point being we don't have to look for someone who is out of work.

I had it with Pulis the season before last. We played Liverpool reserves at home in an end of season dead rubber. He effectively parked the bus. The bloke has one style.
    We now have a squad of international with a man that cannot manage international players. The likes of McCinnes are not good enough. We need someone in now who has two months to evaluate the tools he's got to work with before the transfer window.

Lots of us think his job should be in danger but how many of us believe it actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Lots of us think his job should be in danger but how many of us believe it actually is?
    I have to say I think this is the key question.

In this PL world do owners really care about what the fans think? How much do they rely upon turnstile income over TV money?

I suspect all the owners care about is the club meeting their (the owners) financial ambitions. For the likes of us and the majority of the clubs that will be staying in the PL. For the big 6 it will be getting into the Champions League.

As long as the owners think our best bet of staying in the PL is with TP at the helm then in my opinion they couldn’t care less about entertainment or style of play and probably don’t even see what that is anyway.

The change will only come if TP walks or the owners are persuaded that unless he is replaced there is a greater chance that we will be relegated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)