+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Loans - here we go again!

Emergency Loans - here we go again!

Just noticed this. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42327686

So, he's signing in January permanently, but joining now on this emergency loan caper. Since when have St Mirren been suffering injuries such that it requires bringing in players on an 'emergency' basis?

Livi struggling for money? Weird to let an important player go to a promotion rival, I'm sure Cardiff were interested in him

Must be money, are they not getting crowds in the region of 1000.

Great article(!?!)....no mention/rational of why it was an “emergency” for St Midden to get him now.

This is madness. Surely there is a test to apply for an emergency loan.

This seems to avoiding the restrictions of the transfer windows - which I thought was a fifa / EU/ some sort of official requirement for the league???

I said the same last year when Hibs were doing it. They had a big squad and no way they didn't have fringe players that could cover. This is making a mockery of it and I'd be saying that if United signed someone on this basis right now. Total joke if you ask me.

I think it's in place for lower league teams so that in the event of injuries affecting what would be a much smaller squad they can cover, or god forbid, one of their part timers bosses makes them do double shifts for a week so they cannae make training.

This nonsense, like Hibs last season is ripping the piss.

Absolutely ridiculous but you can’t fault st Mirren for fiddling a f***ed system. Any club would do anything to get out of this league so fair play to them for finding a loophole and exploiting it. If only we were snakey enough to have done so

Could score goals in their pre January games, including against us, it's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Could score goals in their pre January games, including against us, it's a joke
    Agree with pat and shedka - total joke - but fair play to hibs and st mirren for exploiting it. Something tells me though this needs reviewed as an emergency loan in line for a paid transfer sounds highly dubious. But thats sense talking and these are scottish football rules

on a more serious matter the big team with the small team mentality are winning on corners.

Anyone know when the corner table comes out - surely the sambas are in Europe already?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)