+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: o/t one tv show you really miss.

Quite a few but they wouldn't be the same today would they (new version)

Most mentioned on here (not Brookside)and The Saint , The Avengers , golden shot

Only fools and horses is still showing on sky (yes I still watch them)
    David Jason was on the one show last night and he's looking old, made me sad tbh
    Last edited by millertop; 24-10-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Bulls eye
    "Here's what you could have won"

The Word.

The Old Grey Whistle Test

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Is that one of gwru's tips
    No Mr Ed tipped winners!!! Seriously Brookside broke the mould. Corra & Emmerdale were for housewifes. Brookie came on in 82 it was on another level. Other soaps were copying there storylines. It went off the rails cause it was on CH 4. To get viewers to get off there ars* & switch the TV to another CH it had to have OTT storylines. You can only have so many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I'm not. It went OTT at the end but Grants were the best soap family of all time. Class from Ricky Tomlinson, Sue Johnson & Paul Usher. Then we had the Corhills, body under the patio. Was on CH 4 so most people on here will never have watched it. Most people on here are the my dad & his dad voted labour so you've got to vote labour brigade. I make my own mind up.
    That explains everything gwru...especially why you think Bailley-king is a world beater.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    No Mr Ed tipped winners!!! Seriously Brookside broke the mould. Corra & Emmerdale were for housewifes. Brookie came on in 82 it was on another level. Other soaps were copying there storylines. It went off the rails cause it was on CH 4. To get viewers to get off there ars* & switch the TV to another CH it had to have OTT storylines. You can only have so many of them.
    Thought Woodentops would have been right up your street gwru.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Definitely agree on this on CT. My all time favourite by some way. Wouldn't want to see any new episodes though, Rodney looks 60 never mind Del Boy. Also without the genius Tha was Sullivan, it wouldn't be the same.

Another would be "Till Death Do us Part". Never get away with it these days but the fact is it was the old Racist Alf that was made to look the idiot. Top top sitcom.
    Think it went downhill when Del decided to be a yuppie which was about 1989 anyway that era was ending, then they married the boys off and it became more of a dramedy than a sitcom.

Raquel and Cassandra apart from looks were exactly the same as well, same "smart and sarcastic" personalities.

1981 to 1989 was a great show, not PC either if you watch them now.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Bulls eye
    "Here's what you could have won"
    That's on Challenge all the time anyway.

There were rumours about Peter Sutcliffe having been on but it was actually this guy with the moustache, John Cooper who killed 4 people.

Z cars,Softly Softly,and for their "exotic" locations-Danger Man and Man In A Suitcase

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast