+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: If Sean goes

we may not be barca or man city but what we do we do well-SD is a master tactician who has changed our away approach to great effect. Some fans moan when their team lose some of our our fans moan when we win- I will take 1-0 every game if it keeps us in the PL

Are we a boring team to watch ? There is no definitive answer, no one is right, or wrong, some will find our style of play boring, others won't. In a couple of games at Turf Moor this season I've been so bored I could have left and gone home with 30 minutes or so left. I'm not complaining, Dyches method is effective and succesful, I can appreciate the work that must go on down Gawthorpe, the discipline and organisation on the field, it's admirable, but I just find it often boring to watch.

Everton fans apparently feel the same way about our style of play, not that that should concern us, but if it puts pressure on Moshiri and Kenwright not to move for Dyche then let's have more boredom please.

Just on how other fans perceive us, I was in the car for a couple of hours last Tuesday morning and had Talksport on. I was still quite euphoric after the previous night's win and then they started discussing the game and the calls started coming in. I was expecting the usual 'well done little Burnley, what a great job Dyche is doing' stuff, instead there was call after call moaning about what a dreadful game it was to watch, the overall feeling best summed up by the caller who asked, 'If those two teams are in the top half, what on earth is the bottom half like ?'
    Last edited by sinkov; 05-11-2017 at 09:33 PM.

The Southampton manager thought the Saints were the better team in all respects apart from efficiency. Yes we are effective and Unsworth is a tactical genius so give him the Everton job now and we can all sleep soundly in our beds.

I find it quite amusing. We are keeping clean sheet after clean sheet, we are scoring some quite brilliant goals and yet we are still regarded as a bit of a laughing stock.

Well keep laughing guys, because we can give anyone a game in this division.

i dont think the deadwoods are laughing at us- its quite the opposite as it happens
    Last edited by In Dyche We Trust; 05-11-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Are we a boring team to watch ?
    Just on how other fans perceive us, I was in the car for a couple of hours last Tuesday morning and had Talksport on. I was still quite euphoric after the previous night's win and then they started discussing the game and the calls started coming in. I was expecting the usual 'well done little Burnley, what a great job Dyche is doing' stuff, instead there was call after call moaning about what a dreadful game it was to watch, the overall feeling best summed up by the caller who asked, 'If those two teams are in the top half, what on earth is the bottom half like ?'
    .........i think the general standard of PL play of those below the exalted is extremely poor - Sinkov.....being that of a bunch of overpayed loungers - and being why some are seen as punching above their weight - when in truth....it's their level of quality that's dropped to...it - that's when it all becomes monotonous - recurrent humdrum with no care to up the game - as doing just enough - and thats ok, as all is fine..miserable - but fine.

next is Swansea at home - with 8 points and sitting 1 from bottom - we should be all over them - how could it be any other way.....our game has to be big on thrills - doesn't it ?

I think we're paying a little bit now for our success, the top 6, especially City, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal are capable of attacking play way beyond the ability of our players, no shame in that, just a fact of football life. But when people look at the table now we're up there with these clubs, and rightly or wrongly, when some people watch us play, they make no allowance for our financial situation, no allowance for the fact that we're punching way above our weight, they see a team at the top end of the PL, up there with City, Liverpool, etc and they expect a similar level of attacking brilliance. And are critical when they don't get it, which they won't. C'est la Vie.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think we're paying a little bit now for our success.......when some people watch us play, they make no allowance for our financial situation, no allowance for the fact that we're punching way above our weight, they see a team at the top end of the PL, up there with City, Liverpool, etc and they expect a similar level of attacking brilliance.
    ....they may well think that - but then perhaps they dont recognise, or prefer not to notice the level of difference that separates that "top end" from the others - perhaps best to leave them out of their thinking when studying play around us....sad as it is, being in the same division, just not in the same league, quality wise....and as it stands, am not sure where i'd put us, or most of the others....probably have a shuffle and squeeze it one way or another into the top half Championship - big boys can go of into some type of euro league....winners play for a place there....that'd get it moving again.

There is a 'Blindness to Burnley'. Even travelling back from the Southampton game the (English) taxi driver asked me if we had had a good day. We told him yes as our team has just won at a football match. He asked which team do we support and when we said 'Burnley' he asked what division we were in??? This has happened before and I have actually had to google the Premiership table just to prove that we were in the premier league.

Read on Twitter yesterday a Saints fan's message "For phooks sake we can't even beat Burnley!"

Says it all really.

In a cocktail lounge early last week in London pre-theatre and the barman did not even know where Burnley is!

Having watched almost every game this season, the only team that gave us a pasting were Citeh and they are pasting everybody!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)