+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: If Sean goes

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Don't want to be argumentative but Dyche lost the "Young Manager" tag, quite a while ago!
    Well he must be young cos he is younger than me..

I have a feeling his tenure at Burnley is going to run for quite some time yet...

That result has surely put to bed any idea that he might be leaving. It's taken him five years hsrd graft to get us into this position, he's not going to walk away from this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That result has surely put to bed any idea that he might be leaving..
    that would please Everton fans....Sinkov.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/t....99882/page-90

....they still can't get over that "underwhelming" aspect - I dont blame them, as much as I respect where we are - what he's done etc etc - am not sure if I can keep putting myself through all the repetitive boredom I experience while watching us play....so If it's only about the result - may as well not bother watching.....and I wont have any memory of the suffering i'd have otherwise endured.
    Would be interesting to see what he could do with another team though - a real test....and what we'd play like under another manager - liven things up.....our game needs it imo.

Cheers.

This division is all about results, another twenty 1-0 wins will do for me and I will happily part with my hard earned lucre to go and watch the lads play!

Attachment 7095

At the moment, it really does feel like Christmas...

pundits say Burnley were magnificent against saints- game plan executed perfectly- it may not be barca or man city but it works for us- fans complian when their team lose- some fans complain when we win- Dyche is proving to be a master tactician after our away record last season- 1-0 every week for me all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    that would please Everton fans....Sinkov.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/t....99882/page-90

....they still can't get over that "underwhelming" aspect - I dont blame them, as much as I respect where we are - what he's done etc etc - am not sure if I can keep putting myself through all the repetitive boredom I experience while watching us play....so If it's only about the result - may as well not bother watching.....and I wont have any memory of the suffering i'd have otherwise endured.
    Would be interesting to see what he could do with another team though - a real test....and what we'd play like under another manager - liven things up.....our game needs it imo.

Cheers.

I sympathise Norder, the way we have to play to get results at this level is tedious to watch, and that's putting it mildly. I'm not knocking it though, Sean has found a way to get this group of players to massively over-achieve, and while it's boring it's effective, and the outcome is that we're competing at the top of the PL with some of the biggest clubs in world football.

The last two games though, good results, tedious performances. Despite the media insisting they've more or less guaranteed his departure, imo they may have had the opposite effect. Both WHU and Everton fancy themselves as big clubs that play attractive football, and their fans expect that, do their owners really want to watch that sort of football, and to inflict those sort of performance on their fans ? I really don't think they do, imo they'll have watched those two games and, instead of thinking 'yes that's for us', they'll have been saying 'Jesus wept, that was ****e, who else is out there ?'

Not a one on that Everton forum wants Dyche, one guy sums the situation up perfectly, their aim is top four and winning trophies. Well best of luck with that to any manager when your starting point is in the bottom three.

It's a ship of fools, don't do it Sean, quite simply it would be a bad career move, a mistake, and a fecking great big one.

I disagree that watching us play is boring. I find that our system is good to watch because we are able to defend better than any other team in the league and this is an art which has gone out of the game.
    There will be the odd occasions when we lose, however, we have become very difficult to break down because of the discipline shown by the players and it is frustrating as hell for our opponents who just think that they should beat us easily because they have so much possession.
    Southampton had 13 shots yesterday of which Popw has to save three ---nothing special about that. We have 5 shots and score 1 good goal and get the result.
    Our game against Newcastle on Monday was classed as boring by pundits etc,, however, it produced 24 shots at goals, which was the third highest of all PL games last weekend. !0 shots were on target, the second highest of all PL games last weekend, yet because it was played out between two defensive minded teams it was classed as boring.

As I have said, I enjoy watching the Clarets playing to their strengths and getting results. We could always go the West Ham way and have 6 shots at goal, score 1 and get beat 1-4 at home or we can be as happy as Brighton fans were yesterday when their team only had 5 shots at goal with 1 on target which was as scrappy a goal as you will see but resulted in a 1-0 win away from home.

19 points after 11 games and sitting in 7th position in the PL --can it last? Who knows, however, I am sure that we will be looking to get another 21 points as quickly as we can, which would usually assure staying in the PL for another season. That may then bring a more adventurous style to our game --again --who knows? Just be patient and support the lads, they are giving it 100% every game and getting results.

Bang on the money as usual Supersub6!

The winning goal was a thing of beauty and our midfield play was excellent. Southampton are no mugs and IMHO we outclassed and outplayed them.

I will take 1-0 wins all day long and it is worth remembering that in the last twenty minutes only was team going to win this game and that was not the home team!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)