+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goalkeeper & Back Four Passing Stats From Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Williams drops too deep to collect ball then nobody makes any movement for him so he resorts to hoofing it too. Needs Moncur or Mallan as another outlet because although he's a tidy player Williams gets stuck for ideas. I'd go back to a five across Midfield with Mcgeehan the guy tasked with the job of ghosting into the box. I'm no Potts lover as you know. However, I thought we played well with a 5 against Middlesbrough.

Interesting you've picked up on something I think would make a real difference to the team's effectiveness and that's movement. I'd also add in closing down.

I see lots of positives in this squad but there are two differences between how we are currently and how we were at our best before that dreaded Jan window - they're movement in possession and attacking the ball out of possession.

Crack these two basics and we'll be very close to having a difficult to beat side. Once we sort out the system up front, we might start to win a few regularly. Needs time and purposeful practice. I'd really like to see Thiam start a game too but I think Hecky knows better than me.

We will get there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Atac View Post

Interesting you've picked up on something I think would make a real difference to the team's effectiveness and that's movement. I'd also add in closing down.

I see lots of positives in this squad but there are two differences between how we are currently and how we were at our best before that dreaded Jan window - they're movement in possession and attacking the ball out of possession.

Crack these two basics and we'll be very close to having a difficult to beat side. Once we sort out the system up front, we might start to win a few regularly. Needs time and purposeful practice. I'd really like to see Thiam start a game too but I think Hecky knows better than me.

We will get there in the end.
    A Villa fan told me last season he’d not seen a team close another team down without the ball with as much energy as we did . Was very impressed. We don’t seem to have that same intensity this season ..... lacking Scowen ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've only included the back four and goalkeeper because the point was made on another thread about hoof ball and not playing o .
    Mmmm, interesting. Can you stay up all night mate and calculate how many of the long balls actually resulted in an accurate pass from the recipient to another Red, or second touch for themselves......

Only Joking mate.... how the hell did you get them?.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Animal has an inside contact at Channel 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Mmmm, interesting. Can you stay up all night mate and calculate how many of the long balls actually resulted in an accurate pass from the recipient to another Red, or second touch for themselves......

Got a football results app Sofascore and all the stats are available on there , if you tap on each players name it tells you eveything they've done during the game bar fart .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12