+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: End Of The Night Food Haunts!!!

End Of The Night Food Haunts!!!

Me and the ball and chain got chatting earlier, reminiscing about what we used to trough after a night round Rotherham back in the late 80s to the mid 90s.

My favourite was "Ellies" on Wellgate. Chips n cheese sauce after 10 mad dogs went down well. Saw and was involved in a few scraps while waiting for snap tbh, it used to get rammed.

The bake potatoe man outside the "High Bar" was okay as well.

Where did you go and do you have any memories of impatient starved clubbers to tell us about.

Doubt so much as a chicken wing gets sold these days, the towns so dead. It used to be rammed Friday/Saturday neet!!!

When I first started experiencing Rotherham night-life, fast food was what you ate running away from Curly Rispin. For those of you old enough to remember you could get a nice late night meal in the Rickshaw.

The bake potato guy outside High House was a school teacher by trade and just did that in the evenings.

I used to love the Chinese restaurant above allens chemist on effingham square.

One place I'll never miss is ferraris on High Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    When I first started experiencing Rotherham night-life, fast food was what you ate running away from Curly Rispin. For those of you old enough to remember you could get a nice late night meal in the Rickshaw.
    I was going to mention the same Pattyl2. Rotherham's first Chinese restaurant opened in about 1960 on Wellgate. It seemed very exotic in those early days. The family that owned it were amongst the first Chinese to come to live in Rotherham.

Donkeys years ago the old hot dog stands in all saints.
    I was waiting in the queue once when a bus took the corner too wide.
    Took the stall clean out. Burgers and sausages every where.
    I was well cheesed off, bloody starving.