+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: memories of leeds

memories of leeds

too many i suppose but the one i always remember is the league cup game in september 1970 when tc scored that brilliant 30 yarder absolutely ripped em apart that night

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    too many i suppose but the one i always remember is the league cup game in september 1970 when tc scored that brilliant 30 yarder absolutely ripped em apart that night
    0-1 in the league cup at 90 minutes, 2-1 at full-time. Killed Venables that did. He never recovered...

yeah we were a few seats short in blut after that game we were also very unlucky in quarter final of cup in 68 at bellend road we hit the post 3 times in that game and outplayed em for most of game

Not a pleasant one at their ground,that Easter Monday in 1990 when we got hammered 0-4,a very toxic atmosphere in and outside the ground that day

I remember WOODY bein in goal for us after HODGY broke his finger in the 9th minute i believe it was,we won 1-0.TC's magnificent winner and beatin the gits 3-0 in the first season back at the top in 1971.Jags screamer in't league cup accompanied by Paul Walker's magnificent descrition of the goal,scorin 4 at Elland road wasn't too shabby either. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 23-10-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Went to Elland Road on my Lambretta in the early 70's 0-0 the score,think it was an Easter Monday 15th April 1974 game,played them the following day Tuesday nite and lost 2-0 thats when Leeds were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah we were a few seats short in blut after that game we were also very unlucky in quarter final of cup in 68 at bellend road we hit the post 3 times in that game and outplayed em for most of game
    Paul Madely scored the goal that day. As you say we were far the better side that day. We was stood near the infamous SHED end. Listened to the Grand National on the wireless. Red Alligator won it. What a dump Elland Road was in those days. No cover on stand opposite the SHED and the SHED what it’s name said it was. The night we licked em at the Lane a couple of years later was one of the best results United ever had. They had a complete side of internationals. Good players!!!

Only memory that I'll take to my grave was them buying Mick......sobbed I did

Leeds were a good side in the late 60s and early 70s. Later When I read Revie was a brown envelope man it takes some of the shine as their reign as the top team in England

that night game at easter 74 was the night they were all on the kop 2 hours before kick off 10k of them nowt you can do about that but the games in 70 and 71 they got hammered both times trying to get round to the kop from lane end we too were on that big terrace down side in cup game 68 and it also broke my heart when mick jones went there in 67 mind could have been worse revie wanted jones and birchenall but wraggy wouldnt allow it even though sherman went to chelsea 2 months later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast