+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My biggest personal fitba regret..........

My biggest personal fitba regret..........

I suppose everyone that follows football will have regrets about one thing or another. Perhaps going to a wedding and missing a Brilliant game or missing the bus home from an away game? I would love to hear some of the stories from fans that make up part of our great club.

I have too many to mention, but it still irks me to this day that I never made the effort to go to see George Best play for Hibs.

On George Best, I heard a funny story from a Killie fan I know. He went to watch Killie play Hibs at Easter Road when Best was there. Someone threw a can of lager onto the pitch and Best opened it up and said cheers and had a drink.

Deciding to fly to Copenhagen on match day.Rather than the night before.I wilI regret that for the rest of my days.mad:

We would love to hear some stories from Luke11, Big Ross, MonkeyT, etc.

I actually wasn't at the Aberdeen SF game but seen it all just the same. A family holiday was booked some 9 months before and I or no one else expected us to be at Hampden. Anyway, bizarrely, I watched the whole game live on tv outside a pub in Fuertiventura. I'm sure the other folk watching thought I was some kind of lunatic but I didn't care.

Isn't it funny that when Queens have a sh** team there is no enthusiasm from even the diehards. It's hard enough going to home games against the same teams every other week, never mind the away ones. This message board is quieter than I have ever seen it, is it even worth the bother these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Deciding to fly to Copenhagen on match day.Rather than the night before.I wilI regret that for the rest of my days.mad:
    Same decision and same regret !!

Sorry lads but I might you feel worse. The night before the game in Copenhagen was something I won't ever forget till I draw my last breath.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Sorry lads but I might you feel worse. The night before the game in Copenhagen was something I won't ever forget till I draw my last breath.

I’m suprised you can remember anything about that night , especially later on

Yes, thanks for that Palmylad. I can remember events up to a certain time in the evening/ morning . On a similar theme, lager was a special offer half price for the travelling Doonhamers in the Dubliner Pub at around £4 a pint ( normally £8 ) . Goodness knows how much a pint is in Copenhagen now nearly 10 years after.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 26-10-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)