+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving house.

Moving house.

What a pain in the a r s e!

After 50 years of living in Stourbridge it's time for a more rural setting for me,I'm sick of the rat race in the locality and wanted rural views and f ck all neighbours and I'm
    looking forward to that.

The selling and moving process is a complete b I t c h though....I'd almost rather watch Albion on a continual loop for 24 hours!

Good luck Mick. Not something I'd like to take on at my age let alone yours.

When we were moving a while back I just couldn't believe how much rubbish accumulated, far too much stuff, we kept thinking it will come in useful one day but never did. Then there was the unpacking just couldn't find anything and we still had unpacked boxes 3 years after we'd moved in

Only three years Phild.......we moved into the country 20 years ago and I know I still have unopened boxes in my loft!
    You won't regret it Mickd, it will be worth all the hassle!

Apart from moving into our new home when we got married 50+ years ago, we've moved twice more, the last time was 14 years ago when we retired to North Wales, one of the most stressful times in my life so no intention of moving again apart from in a box.

Moved house 5 times and my one piece of advice would be don’t take anything with you unless you are sure you are going to need it.

If you are planning to put anything in the new loft don’t, get rid now. It will only stay in the loft taking up space and you will only have to get rid of it later. Also be super critical about storing anything in the garage as the same applies.

Best expenditure on a house move for me is always to hire a skip a few weeks before the move and don’t be surprised if you need to hire another once you have filled it! Be ruthless you won’t regret it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Moved house 5 times and my one piece of advice would be don’t take anything with you unless you are sure you are going to need it.

If you are planning to put anything in the new loft don’t, get rid now. It will only stay in the loft taking up space and you will only have to get rid of it later. Also be super critical about storing anything in the garage as the same applies.

Good advice Yarm.....ou

Best expenditure on a house move for me is always to hire a skip a few weeks before the move and don’t be surprised if you need to hire another once you have filled it! Be ruthless you won’t regret it.

Good luck.
    Good advice Yarm....our third skip has just arrived!!

Mick. Best of luck! You're right though, because of all the dodgy money around, it's an excrutiating process moving home and having to provide numerous levels of proof to everyone you deal with as to who you are and how you came about your money etc.

Where you moving to? Going far? The football might pick up one day!

We did the 'downsize' 3 years ago and bought a bungalow that is somewhat in the sticks, but not too much ! There is no gas, no sewerage...so it is oil and wood burner and cesspit ! We love it. 6 houses in the lane and a pub 0.7 miles up the lane.

It was our 7th house purchase...definitely our last. Pre house move, "She who must be obeyed" stayed a few weeks with No1 son in Calgary, whilst I disposed of loads of stuff. 4 bedroomed family house to a 2 bedroomed bungalow ensured extensive visits to charity shop and eBay sales of furniture. Best to complete that exercise without partner around....if you get my drift !!

Good luck mickd buddy.

Good luck Mick and you won't regret it. The countryside has so much to offer and is far less stressful that urban life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)