+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last night @ NYS

Last night @ NYS

Hosted by Scott Minto. Richie Barker, John Breckin, Mike Pollitt and Paul Warne spent about 2 hours telling interesting and funny stories about their days at Millmoor and DVS. The best stories featured Chris Swailes, Polly was a bit tipsy and Breck told some cracking Ronnie Moore/ Howard Webb and Derek Dalton stories.
    The food was very good. I’ve eaten there a few times and it has improved loads since last year.

Warney also gave some very honest and heart on sleeve feedback on what they were trying to achieve this season and beyond and the standards of behaviour he expects from his players.

Excellent night. If it comes up again I highly recommend it.

Yes I too thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to others. The time just flew by such was the relaxed atmosphere.

Like you say, the food has improved loads and they should get those mini minted lamb pies on sale.... scrumptious.

Thought Minto was a great host and got everyone relaxed as he probed the lads with questions. Sounds like Polly could hold his own ‘an evening with Mike Pollitt’ with The stories he could tell.
    Last edited by Brin; 24-10-2017 at 09:15 AM.

To say he was with us for such a short time I think Scott developed a real affection for the club. I remember him being the Sky reporter at a cup match we lost at home to a non-league club. Scott said he was gutted and was reprimanded by Stelling for not being impartial. Nice one Scott

Yep good neight and very entertaining. Liked the half time pies as well (lamb and mint- v tasty). Think there was much more to be told but the lad from the Advertiser was there so had to be a bit careful not too juicy or scandalous, Some good stuff on Boothy as well. Saw that Mr Deano is still keeping up with Stoptober and looked very trim. That lack of ale is working wonders for ya lad, keep it up next month!

Liked what Warne said at the end. He is obviously trying to get supporters mojos back and I applaud him (and did!) for that. Keep up the attacking footy Paul- I know we are still dodgy at the back but its fun to watch the millers again worrever we do this season.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 24-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    To say he was with us for such a short time I think Scott developed a real affection for the club. I remember him being the Sky reporter at a cup match we lost at home to a non-league club. Scott said he was gutted and was reprimanded by Stelling for not being impartial. Nice one Scott
    Very short time with us? You mean appearance? 52

Breckin thought one of lads was messing about when he was on phone talking to an agent who mentioned Scott Minto

It's on freeview, ifollow

Naughty naughty Howard Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Hosted by Scott Minto. Richie Barker, John Breckin, Mike Pollitt and Paul Warne spent about 2 hours telling interesting and funny stories about their days at Millmoor and DVS. The best stories featured Chris Swailes, Polly was a bit tipsy and Breck told some cracking Ronnie Moore/ Howard Webb and Derek Dalton stories.
    The food was very good. I’ve eaten there a few times and it has improved loads since last year.

Warney also gave some very honest and heart on sleeve feedback on what they were trying to achieve this season and beyond and the standards of behaviour he expects from his players.

Excellent night. If it comes up again I highly recommend it.

Sounds good.No King Ronnie though??

I was surprised he wasn’t there. Thought he’d have been a shoe in.