+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: ***Aberdeen v Celtic Build up***

I think we have been humiliated tonight, albeit by a better team
    We are the home team we should be out there fighting for everyball. Alas not

Yes,you can give Celtic some respect, but as a player and manager you keep that to yourself don't show the opponents any respect on the field or you will suffer for it

just get stuck in, hassle them at every opportunity

But we didn't lift a finger, no controlled aggression

That's why we are suffering tonight

The management team got it badly wrong. At this level Celtic are good but they are not that good, we gave them the opportunity to look better than they are, we stood so far off at times that it looked like we were playing with eight men, the room they were allowed gave them the time to stroke the ball about. Tonight it was like a replay of the PSG vCeltic game, we are the only team at domestic level this season to make them look that good. 0-3 scoreline flattered us.

For me it was the LC Final all over again, though marginally worse. Stand off them wholesale, give run of two thirds of the pitch and get picked off.
    LC Final goals were 16, 37 and 64 mins. Eerily similar to tonight too.

only one thing to say about that "fit a heap oh pesh"

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye everyone has opinions. I said we only pressed for 5 minutes. It was a good start and bizarre the way it just stopped after 5 minutes.

Its all maybes but if Shinne was left back maybe they wouldn't have been hitting a high percentage of balls into our left back area. And if Tansey was midfield we would have had the same as what Shinnie gave us. We don't know but what we do know is, we would have had two players in correct positions without a square peg

GMS was sh@te though. We can agree on that

We pressed for 5 minutes?
    I must have missed that bit, all I remember is us sitting in our own half inviting them to come and score.

GMS is total p'ish

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1985 View Post
    Thing is after about 15 minutes you could see our players were struggling with Celtic’s shape. Clearly we weren’t expecting them to play 3 at the back and it left everyone not knowing whether to close Celtic’s players down or stand off them.

This is where the manager needs to alter things and use a bit of tactical nous. Rooney should have been off and Tansey should have gone into the midfield to match them. McInnes should have just put his hands up early and changed it whilst we were 1-0 down. He hummed and hawed and waited until the post match conference to tell us what he should have done in the game

I agree we would still have probably lost because they are better than us but we surely have to set up the best way we can to challenge. Hibs did it at parkhead and almost pulled it off.
    The starting 11 and formation could have been different and we would have still lost, if he played Tansey instead of Rooney people would have moaned about him not having the balls to go with May and Rooney against Celtic.

In the 2 home games last season he tried,

3 pacey forwards in McGinn,Hayes and Burns to stretch their defence, we lost 1-0.

The big striker in Stockley to hold the ball up, we lost 3-1.

The only only thing similar to those 2 games and last night is he instructed his players to sit back against them,you can play whoever you want and whatever formation you want but if you are going to let them pass the ball around and not close them down you are going to get beat.

I wish someone in the media would ask him what he thinks he is going to achieve playing like that against Celtic, when he has tried it so many times and it has never worked.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415