+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Aberdeen v Celtic Build up***

If he doesnt play two up front against their poor defence theres no hope for us. They are very poor through the centre. How about trying to exploit it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I've yet to see Rooney have a good game against Celtic. Not sure if it's entirely his own fault but whoever is up front needs to be able to keep the ball and also stretch their to centre backs. I think Rooney might play on the left and and May will be up top. Or we may see them swap about.
    Depends what you see as having a good game,he has scored 5 goals against them and more importantly he has played in the 4 games we have won against them in the last couple of years.

We have tried different strikers who can hold the ball up better or stretch their defence but have came away with nothing so it might be worth trying him again.

Got to have a go at them - when we've done that in the past we've put them under pressure because they're not used to having to handle it - they're used to getting everything their own way. If we sit back, try to defend and hit them on the break it just plays into their hands. If we go at them, we've got a better chance.

Keep Shinnie at left back to combat their pace out wide. His energy is a loss in the middle, but O'Connor can shield the defence.

I'd go...

Lewis
    Logan McKenna Arnason Shinnie
    O'Connor McLean
    GMS May Wright
    Rooney

I think there's a fair chance we'll have Considine, Tansey and possibly even Stewart in from the start though.

All the planning will be out the window anyway when Shinnie gets sent off in the fourth minute.

I think that's a very real possibility. After all the hoo-ha over McLean's performance on Sunday I'm expecting a disciplinarian approach. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shinnie or O'Connor booked very early.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    All the planning will be out the window anyway when Shinnie gets sent off in the fourth minute.
    For an alleged elbow (mind games/power throw)?

5-0 Dons. McDougall the first four.

Seen it all before.
    Considine at Pittodrie was probably the earliest sending off I remember but I also made two trips to Ibrox to watch them getting awarded a penalty after 9 seconds.

Hope it's different tonight.

It's a given we'll be down to ten if we're even before half-time, such are the words of Sister Brenda soon to be of Everton, come back Ronny.

There will be no other non-penalty than McCoist backing into Miller '89, just another and another...

5-0 Dons.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 25-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    It's a given we'll be down to ten if we're even before half-time, such are the words of Sister Brenda soon to be of Everton, come back Ronny.
    Really.................

Its been 6 games since an Aberdeen player was sent off against Celtic.
    Mark Reynolds, for a second yellow in the 87th minute

Prior to that Hayes was sent off in the game where Paul Quinn scored a late winner.

The two previous sending offs where both Celtic players.
    Scott Brown in 2014 (albeit he should have been off earlier)
    and
    Van Dyke, when he pulled down Pawlett on the edge of the box.

So in the last 23 games between Aberdeen and Celtic, both teams have had two players sent off.

Please lets stop with this mythological conspiracy theory

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast