+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: ***Aberdeen v Celtic Build up***

That was pathetic,total powder puff performance we could have a least shown Celtic they were in a game.We sat off them more than we did in the league cup final.In fact I have seen better performances against Celtic under Skovdhal which says it all.

I thought McInnes said the players were up for this game,it didn't look that way to me.Celtic didn't have to come out of 2nd gear.

I knew he was going to put Considine straight back in the team,still got the lead boots on I see.
    Last edited by rico94; 25-10-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That was pathetic,total powder puff performance we could have a least shown Celtic they were in a game.We sat off them more than we did in the league cup final.In fact I have seen better performances against Celtic under Skovdhal which says it all.

I thought McInnes said the players were up for this game,it didn't look that way to me.Celtic didn't have to come out of 2nd gear.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1985 View Post
    For me one of our biggest problems is lack of pace in the team.

Jonny Hayes used that to skin folk and get balls in the box for Rooney last season.

At the minute you look through the team

Arnason, O’Connor, May, Considine, Rooney, McLean.

In my opinion they are all slow and it showed tonight. GMD has pace but I think he’s too scared to do anything! He is half the player he was at Utd.

Celtic have loads of pace and in Scottish football that is key to winning a lot of games.

Combine that with Mcinnes terrible shape and we were on a hiding to nothing.
    Yes, tempo & intelligent movement is the key to playing well. Teams that at least try that give Celtic a game.
    Our management are not clever enough to choose the correct formation.
    Nor do they train what we do have to get the best out of them IMO

Like other have said, seeing considine on the teamsheet kind of said it all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    How many bad tackles? just the one.

Who's the great man? we are crap, pure and simple. Never close to being in the game. No fight and happy to be second to everything... Disgraceful, we made Celtic look good, simple as that
    He is talking about Willie Miller he said that on radio,I have to disagree with him there if you let them pass the ball around in defence and then let them run straight through midfield without even attempting to tackle them they are gonna look better than they actually are.

Easily one of the most miserable 90 minutes I've witnessed in over 45 years following the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Yes, tempo & intelligent movement is the key to playing well. Teams that at least try that give Celtic a game.
    Our management are not clever enough to choose the correct formation.
    Nor do they train what we do have to get the best out of them IMO

Like other have said, seeing considine on the teamsheet kind of said it all.
    I noticed before the 2nd half kicked off Considine and O'Conner ran up to Hayes as he was walking off the pitch after his halftime warm up and hugged him.Surely they could have left the buddy routine until the end of the game and stayed focused on trying to get us back in the game,with that sort of attitude it's no wonder we were so pysh.

Agree with everything said. Line up showed how scared we are of Celtic. Shinnie should always be left back to give us balance. Put Tansey in midfield from the start to replace Christie and play with width and energy.

Celtic were good tonight, but it was like a training session for them.

Only highlights were McKenna punting Dembele into the South Stand and getting my “Red Final” from Pacman.

I left with 18 minutes to go (go on top reds tell me I'm sh@t). Not something I'm in a habit of doing but it wasn't the fact we were getting beat because I fully expected it. I left because of the manner of the defeat. It was a disgrace.

I said on here we wouldn't have a go. Low and behold we didn't even come close. Going to a pigs game full of trepidation is part and parcel of being a Dons fan these days

McInnes sh@t it again. Playing Considine was a catastrophic error not because we have been good without him and he shoehorned him in, because Rodgers is no fool and can see a week link to exploit and he does this time and time again with Considine yet McInnes played him. Utterly foolish from the manager

We started right in their faces from KO until about the 5th minute then stopped. Why was this. Were they instructed to do so? It was baffling the way it just stopped

We were getting nowhere fast with our attacking options absolutely anonymous. Was anything changed, was it f@ck and once a team is down 2-0 to them there is no hope

Was there any attempt to tighten the defence. Was there f@ck

Did GMS or Rooney do anything, did they f@ck and were both sh@te and were on the park far too long.(they weren't alone but it stifled us going forward)

Boyata was given the freedom of Aberdeen tonightmaking him look like Beckenbauer and a lot of their moves started there. Was anything done. Was it f@ck

No for the standing off tactic. It has been proven that we cannot do that against those c@nts, tonight was way worse than the League Cup final. We were obliterated at home and were made to look utterly useless. Its not f@cking good enough. Why oh f@cking why does he try this time and time again

If teams continue to turn up v them in that manner they will be invincible for a long time yet. Which unfortunately I fully expect

Not one of our outfield would get in their team. Lewis could oust Gordon and that's it.

Tonight is a prime example of why McInnes is still our manager

Now to sink some sorrow beers
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 25-10-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Only highlights were McKenna punting Dembele into the South Stand and getting my “Red Final” from Pacman.
    Pleasure doing business min

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I knew he was going to put Considine straight back in the team,still got the lead boots on I see.
    Spot on assesment

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast