+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guess Who!!! Blues & Villans 1

Guess Who!!! Blues & Villans 1

I think these players are relatively easy to identify.

Clues are available.

Name:  Des Bremner.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  11.7 KB

Name:  Robert Hopkins.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  Alan Curbishley.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  Chris Sutton.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  6.8 KB

Name:  Noel Blake.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  35.2 KB

1. Des Bremner
    2. Robert Hopkins
    3. Alan Curbishley
    4. Chris Sutton
    5. Noel Blake

Thanks for the quiz Rosie
    UTV

Well done Foxy.

I will post the final 5 pictures tomorrow.

Degree of difficulty increased. 😛😜😝

They all played for both teams as well.
    That Hopkins was a bit of a two hat tho. Didn't he score on his debut v Norwich at home (night match)? Fecked off to his beloved sty soon after. Blake was an animal, Sutton was strange, Curbs was ok but missed his jellied eels darn sarf too much and Des, what can you say? Think his family was settled when we were getting rid, so he went to shovel sh1te down the road, just about forgive him tho.

That goal by Hopkins vs Norwich. Villa had a goal kick and on came this youngster and ran to the middle of the field. Rimmer took the kick short to the left back probably Gibson. Gibbo brought the ball out of defence and drew in the Norwich players. He found Morley hugging the touchline around the halfway line. Morley wasn't closed down and he just took off sprinting to the edge of the box and released a low hard drive across the six yard box as he was about to be tackled. We all look over to the left from the Holte to see young Hopkins sprinting, breaking his neck, to get to the ball and meets it to bundle it home. The whole thing was 10-12 seconds.

Jesus mate, that's some memory. All I can vaguely remember is a coming together, never saw it hit the net. Never really saw many scrambled goals from the Holte, as the surge from the fans usually blocked everything out when the ball took ages to go in.
    It was his debut, wasn't it?

Yes EV. I was up higher, had a great view. I replayed the goal in my head for the next week like a continuous loop because it was his debut and it happened so fast. I thought he was going to be a Villa hero for several years.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)