+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal VS Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Marinello had it's arse handed to it this season, just like the previous 3
    subtle, signore

"Facing ones opponent toe to toe"reminds me of those strange green football games we had as kids. Plastic men on springs and you fired the ball from depression to depression on the pitch and ultimately at goal. Spent hours playing it, but nowadays all kids have are stupid crappy electronic games like FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    "Facing ones opponent toe to toe"reminds me of those strange green football games we had as kids. Plastic men on springs and you fired the ball from depression to depression on the pitch and ultimately at goal. Spent hours playing it, but nowadays all kids have are stupid crappy electronic games like FIFA.
    Indeed nobody uses their imagination these days!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Indeed nobody uses their imagination these days!

Rubbish, the commentary was excellent. Imaginative to say the least, as imaginative as post I read on Keogh. Took my breath away to see such journalistic talent on a simple message board.

I was referring to Rogs comment on real games, the others on ignore so dont read.

I thought we were starting from fresh, after reading discussions with Bloomer on another thread.

This nitpicking is getting tiresome. Come on folks, you're better than this. Not everyone was educated to the same high level as yourselves.

Are we never going to move on?

Marinello had it's arse handed to it this season, just like the previous 3
    OK Bloomer, can you tell me here instead of pm why you have warned me for circumventing the swear filter, I assume your referring to the word 'arse', FYI I have circumvented nothing and your swear filter not mine deems that arse is not a swear word worth filtering, additionally it was you that said only a couple of days ago the swear filter has been relaxed so which is it to be?

You know the ironic thing is I was actually yellow carded for a week by the rat not that long ago for actually physically going out of my way to circumvent the swear filter to actually type that word, but I guess you already knew that seeing as you mods talk to each other and decide between yourselves if any action is needed or maybe you weren't, maybe rats acted on his own?

You yourself have said many a time to type the word and let the filter do it's job, well I have and it didn't filter it, so now I get a warning for your swear filter not working.

I feel like I'm being singled out and being picked on.

Could you please retract your warning to me in view of the above please.

Regards
    Tom

hey, this is interesting. I had the word "pissed" (as in under the influence of alcohol) redacted by the editor on a post yesterday, although no warning. My original post was edited but where I had been quoted the original word remained!

It seems that the swear filter does not deal with all the words that the site editor deems to be unacceptable. That's fine by me, but can we not simply update the proscribed words list in the swear filter dictionary otherwise there is going to (a) be a lot of moderation required to expunge words that are not swear filtered away but are deemed to be nonetheless offensive to "women and children" and (b) people could receive unjustified warnings and bans for using words that are not swear filter banned but are on the non approved manual override list.

I too was banned for a week by the same Mod for having the temerity to ask why Tom was banned for circumventing the swear filter by using a word derivation which was not actually a banned word in any event.....

this needs sorting or it will become a long term problem. We clearly cannot use "common sense" because different people have different sensitivities to different words.

OK Bloomer, can you tell me here instead of pm why you have warned me for circumventing the swear filter, I assume your referring to the word 'arse', FYI I have circumvented nothing and your swear filter not mine deems that arse is not a swear word worth filtering, additionally it was you that said only a couple of days ago the swear filter has been relaxed so which is it to be?

You know the ironic thing is I was actually yellow carded for a week by the rat not that long ago for actually physically going out of my way to circumvent the swear filter to actually type that word, but I guess you already knew that seeing as you mods talk to each other and decide between yourselves if any action is needed or maybe you weren't, maybe rats acted on his own?

You yourself have said many a time to type the word and let the filter do it's job, well I have and it didn't filter it, so now I get a warning for your swear filter not working.

I feel like I'm being singled out and being picked on.

Could you please retract your warning to me in view of the above please.

Regards
    Tom
    The swear filter is set to filter out that word so I have no idea why it didn't filter it when you typed it. I even checked before the cards, to make sure it was in there.

As this looks like a glitch in the system I will retract the yellow cards but if others are either circumventing or deliberately avoiding the swear filter we will take action as I stated earlier.

Good and thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)