+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Team You Really Hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post

I think this might explain the hatred towards Leeds
    Cracking goal to seal the win though!

Yes, hate Leeds, don't really like Forest but there's healthy competition in the family for that one.

I enjoy seeing certain teams lose:

Spurs
    Liverpool
    Man U

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I have always maintained that if Leeds had concentrated on the football more and less on kicking opponents and intimidating refs then Derby and Forest may not have won 3 titles between them between 72 and 78 and Liverpool would not have dominated English and European football in the way they did.
    Spot-on

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Cracking goal to seal the win though!

Yes, hate Leeds, don't really like Forest but there's healthy competition in the family for that one.

I enjoy seeing certain teams lose:

Spurs
    Liverpool
    Man U
    Norman Hunter again. Him, Bremner and a few others were always spoiling for a fight. The thing is our clubs too had hard men, Mackay, Todd, Burns and Lloyd. Yet we were never dirty. Hard yes, the occasional nasty tackle for sure, every defender worth his salt will bound to have a few.
    Thanks to Clough and Taylor, we never descended to that. We could be boring and very tight at the back, but if you could play good football, you could always beat us fair and square. We never cheated, we always got cheated.

I think this is the true Derby and Forest way. We are 'clean sides' - a philosophy that has been followed since the day Clough first stepped through our doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post

I think this might explain the hatred towards Leeds
    Leeds and many Rams fans hatred can be explained by the Damned United film. Cloughie hated Don Revie and all his team of thugs stood for. They literally kicked Derby out of the European Cup as Our then Chairman Sam Longson insisted we played our strongest team against them in a league match just prior to the European Cup semi Final against Juventus.......................and they kicked the crap out of us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so WE ALL FLIPPING HATE LEEDS

Ah yes, the spite before the game against La Vecchia Signora. I forgot that.

But in the Damned United, it was put the other way round, Clough not Longson that wanted to play the best 11. So which is the correct version.

The club I loathe is QPR I hate their ground the location is a nightmare every time I go I hate even more If you have the time go on their website and read their history They have got to be the most corrupt club in football The number of times they have been bankrupt and been fined for misdemeanors is astonishing If you think we get through managers just read how many they get through No not my favorite club and we always seem to be there midweek

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    The club I loathe is QPR I hate their ground the location is a nightmare every time I go I hate even more If you have the time go on their website and read their history They have got to be the most corrupt club in football The number of times they have been bankrupt and been fined for misdemeanors is astonishing If you think we get through managers just read how many they get through No not my favorite club and we always seem to be there midweek
    Not my favourite either but I actually dislike Millwall, Chelsea, West Ham, Leeds and MUFC more...as much to do with their fans as anything else. Only ever come close to actually being frightened at one football match and that was after West Ham fans totally trashed the streets around the BBG after a night match...either '79 or early eighties...can't remember
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-10-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Mourinho, man united, and the glory hunters

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    we shouldn't really judge a club by the way the owners run it in the club's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomeram View Post
    Leeds and many Rams fans hatred can be explained by the Damned United film. Cloughie hated Don Revie and all his team of thugs stood for. They literally kicked Derby out of the European Cup as Our then Chairman Sam Longson insisted we played our strongest team against them in a league match just prior to the European Cup semi Final against Juventus.......................and they kicked the crap out of us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so WE ALL FLIPPING HATE LEEDS
    Watched the Brian Clough documentary on the East Midlands Derby and he said “The team he had at Derby was better then the one he had at Forest and if it wasn’t for what happend behind the scenes at Derby with the chairman and the bribed referee against Juventus we would of dominated European football instead of Liverpool.” If history could of been a lot different where would our club stand now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)