+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Team You Really Hate?

Which Team You Really Hate?

I know it seems a bit strange for a Forest fan to raise this.
    But I've never hated Derby, never. I find it impossible to hate a club that Clough, Taylor and Mackay raised and made great. I was even elated when you were promoted to the Prem and was sad that the season there didn't materialise the way I hoped it would.

I know many here would probably hate Forest, fair enough, but what's this with Leeds. Yes under Revie they were the closest things to scum, but that's eons ago and they have had many more downs since them excepting 1992, when they were good and I definitely preferred them than the other United as Champions.

I hate Spurs but since we are in different divisions, the matter is in abeyance.

Dont hate any football club, not keen on certain clubs fans or at least the hooligan section of them but how can one hate an entity?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Dont hate any football club, not keen on certain clubs fans or at least the hooligan section of them but how can one hate an entity?
    Indeed, it's difficult but I definitely would like to see Spurs relegated.

Dont mind Spurs, not keen on Chelski or man City but dont hate either

Surely everyone hates Manchester United?

Not keen these days but used to admire them in the days of Law Best and Charlton and Fergies home grown squad was easy on the ey to, these dyas they are just another mega rich club "buying" success.

Sometimes I do wonder why the Man Utd fans bother splurging on jerseys. Costs them a bundle. Why don't they just buy 1 of the cheap inflatables - in some phallic shape, then everyone will know whom they support.

I think this might explain the hatred towards Leeds

Leeds. End Of. And hate is the wrong word, hate should be reserved for Hitler, Pol Pot etc, but taking 'wishing ill' to its extreme, its Leeds. Madamster explained his man-on-man issues with the Leeds 'fans' over the years, my issue, is more about their approach to the game in the 70s, and yes my grievance runs deep. Playing Keep-the-ball for five minutes against a team you've already demoralised (Southampton, 7-0 as it happens) for example, was inhumane and I'm so glad it wasn't Derby doing it.

Plus I hated those bleedin' flags on their socks.

Forest? Nah, good for lols

I explained in another thread 2 instances of why I have a downer on the Dirty Yorkshire Scum. Add to it the tactics Revie had them use and the picture is complete. I have always maintained that if they had concentrated on the football more and less on kicking opponents and intimidating refs then Derby and Forest may not have won 3 titles between them between 72 and 78 and Liverpool would not have dominated English and European football in the way they did.

Man U? Let's start with their fruitless years from 67 to 93. 26 years without a league title. Oh how they hated it. Derby, Forest, leeds, Everton, Liverpool, Ipswich, Villa, all of them tin pot little clubs, had the temerity to steal Man Us right to be Champions. How very dare they. Everyone connected to Man U from fans to players, manager, staff and directors were crying into their beer at this gross injustice............. I will finish with with another personal tale. Following our defeat to MU in the 76 FA Cup semi final at Hillsboro, a very close family friend suffered a heart attack and fell to the floor. While his friends were trying to revive him, a stream of reds walked past screaming "we hope you die". He did.

Forest? More the fans than the club due to some hairy "walks" from the station to the CG and back really. I have half a dozen good friends of the red persuasion so they aren't all bad. However, for 2 x 94 minutes a season I can get quite vocal against them.

Your view of other clubs also change through the years. Always used to like Chelsea and City (despite one scary day on the Kippax) because I liked the football they played. Now, they are where they are because of obscene amounts of money spent by billionaire owners. FFP stops Mel turning us into another Chelsea/City, for which I am grateful.

Leicester? Never viewed them as rivals for some reason.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)