+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: McInnes, that was p!sh

^^^^^^

For attempting to smash Dembele alone

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Number of factors here.
    Firstly, domestically, we are raselick's biggest football match.
    The nonsense around a Sevco game......well and good, but they all know that we're the biggest game.
    The gap between us and them, resource wise, is akin to between them and PSG or Bayern.
    So when raselick are right up for it, we're p1ssing into the wind.
    There's ways and means to get competitive, but the reality is when they're at the top of their game we haven't a chance......and neither does any other Scottish team. The difference is they're always focussed against us......cos it matters.

Sad reality of modern day fitba.
    The raselick fans, small minded parochial shower, won't care......well, until after they win ten in a row.
    Then they'll get bored......only their annual European Cup @ss raping to look forward to.

I don't know what the answer is......we can slag our players, our tactics, the reality is only one team in Scotland wouldn't take McInnes in a heartbeat, only one team in Scotland, mebbe two, wouldnae take Consi at left back, only one team in Scotland wouldnae take Shay at right back.........etc. etc.

And it's nae just Scotland, same all over.
    Absolute horse manure. Every team in Scotland knows to attack Considine and put a pacey player in him. It's glaringly obviously he is the weakest link in the side. He gets dragged left right and centre and is constantly found wanting.

Quite confident that every other team bar two wouldn't touch him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    We cant take anything away from Celtic, they are a very good team and they will win the treble at a canter.

We had May chasing down 4 defenders, with Rooney half assing it through the game. Did he even touch the ball? He was on the left most of the game, floating around but making little impact, even covering for Considine when he decided to push forward. On Considine, he was awful. He wasn't the only one, granted, but he was shoehorned into a team that defensively had done very well recently. Kenny McLean was woeful, he made a run late on the second half and I actually turned to mate and said that I forgot McLean was even on the park.

Boyata must have had the easiest game of his life and was allowed acres of space and time to push forward. Scott Brown ditto, the only one challenging him was Shinnie.

We just didn't push up and close them down like we did in the cup final. Im a huge McInnes fan, but his tactics were shocking and his post match interview was a kick in the s****s to say the least. He admitted that we got a footballing lesson, but other teams who have been woeful this season have done much better. While I don't expect to beat Celtic, I expect at least a decent effort.

They are a very, very good side, but we made them look world class last night. I'm very worried that mentally we just fold against them and its proving so almost every time we play them now. It could have been 6 or 7 last night. Realistically, I expected to lose , but not in that manner we did and its that manner that sticks in my throat. The lack of input into the Northern Lights before kick off showed the fans weren't expecting much, but by Christ they didn't half prove us to be right. I lacked so much enthusiasm before this game, because I knew we wouldn't be up for it. Joint top, 20k+ in the ground, game on TV, chance to prove the doubters wrong... it was typical of us to play in that manner and they always let the fans down. We just haven't got the right mentality at all and that sadly is McInnes fault as much as the players. If you cant motivate them for a game like that, when can you.
    You see what you're forgetting to factor in is that Celtic need to "up their game" against us now and when they get that extra gear we don't get close. They may be a wee bit more lethargic against the likes of Dundee as they know that they have that wee bit extra quality which is usually enough to get them across the finishing line. Maybe we should see it as a compliment.

Celtic we're superb last night. It was a lesson for us.

We still need a bruiser in midfield or at least someone who can get the ball and put his foot on it. Shinnie must go back to left back. Defense looks so much more solid and settled with Shinnie at left back. The uncertainty and panic appears again once Considine is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I hear you Sneckie, but, how were we able to live with them in season 2015/16? Its too simplistic to say they had a sh1te manager then.

Nobody expects to lift the league title, unless that person is high on drugs. But on any given day, we should be able to at least give them a challenge, esp at home. 14 hrs later and I'm still fizzing about last night's "showing".

I think we have had a poor summer recruitment policy, scattergun approach; signing guys like Greg Stewart who do not fit our system. Signing Stevie May then playing him wide left, or up front on his own. That shows a tactical and strategic failing by our manager. We miss McGinn and Hayes massively, of that there is no doubt, but did DM sign Stewart and GMS as their replacements?

If he wanted to continue with the same approach as per pervious seasons, then those two will never lace their predeccesors boots and therefore DM should have signed more appropriate players.

If he wanted a different approach to fit those two players in, and Stevie May, then why hasn't he switched to 4-3-3?

I'm not for one minute suggesting we dump DM, but last night was 100% down to him, as was the Mwell debacle in the cup.

In summary, poor summer transfer policy and subsequent strategy, but in the meantime, I'd move to a 4-3-3 and better utilise the players we have, at least try and smooth over the mistakes that have been made. Get Shinnie and Logan supporting GMS and Stewart/Wright in the wider areas
    McInnes was chopping and changing the formation at the start of the season and everyone was moaning that he should stick to the same formation.He is playing with 2 strikers and everyone is moaning they cant play together yet the same folk were moaning that he only ever plays with one striker.

I agree it was down to him last night but the whole formation/team selection thing seems to be whatever he does he is going to get stick for it.

There seems to be a thing now with McGinn and Hayes, especially McGinn, where people are thinking that we are badly missing them yet for nearly the entire time he was here he got as much abuse as the likes of GMS and Stewart are getting.

I thought McGinn was a great player for us and stuck up for him many times on here, but he played in his fair share of performances like last night which usually resulted in folk coming on here telling everyone they would bin him.

I certainly think McInnes has done a decent job here. We are certainly more consistent and certainly nae as shambolic as we were under previous managers in our recent history. He is far from perfect though and I think last night showed this once again.

Does anyone else find it fascinating that he has only really been linked with the Sunderland job? All these Championship jobs that have come up over the past few years and he hasn't been anywhere near getting them or even been mentioned in the bookies odds. Seems obvious to me that he is not as highly rated as some would think.

The Huns would be about his best option or the Scotland job. But I don't think he would get either to be honest, so we are stuck with him and will have to accept that we will roll over in these games because Milne will never get rid.

Don't get me wrong, we are way better than before he came but I find such defeats unacceptable when we don't even have a go.

Just depressing. Thought we might have had a wee chance but not to be. Why oh why did Rooney start? If we were to press Celtic high up the park he was certainly not the man to do it. Can understand why Shinnie was put into midfield but poor old Conso struggled as per. Particularly without Hayes to help him by doubling up. Also without someone like Hayes we had no real outball. Logan's defensive deficiencies are always exposed against Celtic. Building our team around a player ineligible to play against Celtic always had potential to slap us in the face. I genuinely feel that Hibs are in a better position to take second place this season. They look to have a good cohesive midfield.Something I believe we have never really had.Brenda is a smug little ..... Bringing Hayes on just smacked of rubbing our noses in it.

Anyhoo onwards and upwards !

Would not say our players did not try last night but they did look slow, unaware of each others position, very poor at passing, incapable of playing as a team and worryingly unfit and lethargic. Most of these explained by the fact they shat it big time .... big eyes in the headlights yet again and if this is not the case as DM would like to have us believe then we are a much worse state than I thought.

Our best player is a smelly player which says a lot about the ambition of those in charge. Happy to be second (at best) and grateful for the scraps from our lords and masters. Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Absolute horse manure. Every team in Scotland knows to attack Considine and put a pacey player in him. It's glaringly obviously he is the weakest link in the side. He gets dragged left right and centre and is constantly found wanting.

Quite confident that every other team bar two wouldn't touch him either.
    Well, nae on the basis of what I've seen, but each time their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    GMS was terrible, Rooney was terrible and looked like he decided he could be assed with the chasing sh@t(managers fault) Kenny McLean gave up on a lot, a couple of goal kick in the first half where he just let the defender sheild it out without even half a tackle going in.

You cant be serious to say that everyone put in an honest shift

But yeah the formation and manner of the defeat is McInnes all the way.

Still f@cking fuming
    Rooney wasn't half arsed, he's just continuely asked to do a job he's not suited to and thats chasing defenders down. He's a poacher, nothing more, nothing less. Having someone as slow as him chasing defenders down means the opposition gets to move the ball about and open up a gap. It's not Rooney's fault, it's DM's fault.

As i said managers fault

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast