+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brewster's Millions.

Brewster's Millions.

What a talent! Let's hope he stays grounded and isn't spoiled by fame and fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    What a talent! Let's hope he stays grounded and isn't spoiled by fame and fortune.
    Who ?

Even though England are doing brilliantly at U-21 and U-17 levels, you just know it will go tits up when they make the Senior team.

Don't knock him - he's a wealth creator and that's all that matters. Ask Mr Serious.

So many kids under 18 never bear out their promise in sport. Problem is that there are at least another 6 years of growing yet - and that's for all players.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even though England are doing brilliantly at U-21 and U-17 levels, you just know it will go tits up when they make the Senior team.
    I'm more impressed with the U-17s. The U-21s grind out results but scoring hat tricks against the likes of Brazil is promising. I don't see Klopp picking him any time soon though which is why it probably will go tits up, as you say. Compare and contrast with the chances Michael Owen got at that age.

Oh, he's the Liverpool kid who scored a couple of hat-trick's for England under 17's . Long may it continue .

Players like this won't prosper because the prem clubs won't play him. How often do you see ****agers breaking through in to the big 6 clubs these days? Gone are the days managers would throw the Owens, Beckhams and Gerrards of the world into first team football. Now it's about protecting them.. from what? Fulfilling potential? Man Utd give Rashford some game time, but he certainly doesn't play week in week out.
    The problem in this country is when there is an outstanding prospect, they get brought by one of the big clubs and then rot away either in reserve team football or sent out on loan and most fail to fulfill their potential. Our very own Jermaine Pennant being a typical example.
    The 2 main protagonists in getting England to the final have been described as real talents, in fact Pep Guardiola has described his Man City player as the best he has seen in a long while... so why are neither being given game time?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Players like this won't prosper because the prem clubs won't play him. How often do you see ****agers breaking through in to the big 6 clubs these days? Gone are the days managers would throw the Owens, Beckhams and Gerrards of the world into first team football. Now it's about protecting them.. from what? Fulfilling potential? Man Utd give Rashford some game time, but he certainly doesn't play week in week out.
    The problem in this country is when there is an outstanding prospect, they get brought by one of the big clubs and then rot away either in reserve team football or sent out on loan and most fail to fulfill their potential. Our very own Jermaine Pennant being a typical example.
    The 2 main protagonists in getting England to the final have been described as real talents, in fact Pep Guardiola has described his Man City player as the best he has seen in a long while... so why are neither being given game time?
    I do believe the kids are getting wise to it, with Jadon Sancho and others migrating to the Bundesliga for 1st team action - a move which no doubt become more common if a) these young England players continue to get exposure at tournaments, and b) the ones that move abroad become successful.

I also think that this young age group (U-17) are possibly the best yet in terms of technical skill. I'd be surprised if the likes of Brewster and Man City's Phil Foden don't start making senior appearances soon - even out on loan. If they're good enough, they're old enough.

I think to put this into some perspective. Mali were one of the other semi finalists.

There is a world of difference between this level and full international.

Some kids will make it. Our coaching and results driven PL mean most will never play in the PL let alone at full international level.

Of the England 2007 side (21 players), 6 are plying their in the non league and only 4 are at premier league clubs.

But if you want a really damning statistic. 2 of the 2007 squad went on to play for Notts County........how **** are they?

And I think only 1 has represented England at full international level. Danny Welbeck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast