+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich plan Kieffer recall

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    And what makes you think he'll be able step up to the championship? I'm not saying he can or can't as I've never seen him play. Have you watched a lot of him or is it just another guess with nothing to back it up?
    Watched him on CH5 goal rush quite a few times. In not that a successful side he looks progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Watched him on CH5 goal rush quite a few times. In not that a successful side he looks progressive.
    Oh well then, that's enough evidence, I'm sorry for doubting you.

Yes we are disappointed but we perhaps need to remember and give credit to Warney or whoever got him to us in the first place - assuming MM didn't make the introduction himself.

For me we need the spine of the team filling with quality and so we need to pay the price. Have we got it? There isn't much evidence so far but this is exactly what many of us have been spouting off about. If KM goes, we may struggle. It's not just his size but he has that knack of being in the right place at the right time. Hope he does well in the Championship, don't know if his lack of pace will prove his obstacle. Hope not, we owe him a lot for helping to reinstall some degree of optimism in the camp.

HIs style of play gives MM another option and if any of us were Mick, we would consider pulling him back to Ipswich surely.

Just don't get why some Arabian Sultan doesn't want to buy us and take us to the Premiership.

Hotun, get thee money out man.

Dunt that think I put inuff in allreddy

For what it's worth. KM is loving it at the club and would sign tomorrow if he could.

That's the thing. He can't sign tomorrow because he is contracted until the end of the season with Ipswich Town. Whatever happens between January and the end of the season is anyones guess but I'm sure that like CT said it's a statement that says. If you want him you're going to have to pay for him. If Ipswich want him they'll have to have him signing a contract because as I understand it his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Any player has the right to find another club after christmas if their contract expires in the summer.

Let's enjoy him whilst we have him and hope that a deal can be struck that'll leave him a Miller for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Dunt that think I put inuff in allreddy
    Is that Yorkshire Arabic?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    He's pulling the strings because Moore is his player. Is that too difficult for you to understand?
    yep

Sadly, can't really blame Ipswich for wanting him back. If we had loaned JCH or Yates to Chesterfield and were top scorer in that division, we would want them back. TS has got to write out his biggest cheque to keep Keiffer, or we will definitely need someone else being lined up, now we know where we stand.

scenario

if moore goes back to ipswich. plays 15/20 games between now and end of season without scoring and big mick says, you(rufc) can have moore for 500k would rotherham still want him back if we got promoted?

btw frog. mick is playing it cool regards moore so he must have a clause written into his contract for a extension like we did with danny ward

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    For what it's worth. KM is loving it at the club and would sign tomorrow if he could.

That's the thing. He can't sign tomorrow because he is contracted until the end of the season with Ipswich Town. Whatever happens between January and the end of the season is anyones guess but I'm sure that like CT said it's a statement that says. If you want him you're going to have to pay for him. If Ipswich want him they'll have to have him signing a contract because as I understand it his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Any player has the right to find another club after christmas if their contract expires in the summer.

Let's enjoy him whilst we have him and hope that a deal can be struck that'll leave him a Miller for years to come.
    I didn't realise his contract runs out this summer but that seems to be the crux of the matter for me. If Ipswich were prepared to let KM go out on a season long loan before offering him an extension it seems to me that they just wanted to get him off the payroll. If we signed him all they had lost was the £10,000 they paid for him.

Now they see they have a player with some value so they want to get something more out of it. At the moment I don't see KM as a Championship player. Sure he's scored a lot of goals, part of it is Warney's way of getting the ball in the opponent's box and part of it is getting in the right place at the right time, a bit like Mark Robins but there the comparison ends. KM hasn't scored spectacular goals or individual goals and he's not that creative outside the box so he's a bit of an enigma in that sense. I like him very much in a Rotherham shirt and I think he'll always score goals for us.

KM is unproven in the Championship so I don't think Ipswich would want to offer him a massive pay rise but on the other hand knowing the interest he would attract Keifer would be expecting a big pay rise.

My take on it is that McArthy is seeking a transfer fee from us in January while there is still time on KM's contract rather than let his contract run out and we or somebody gets him for free in the summer.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast