+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich plan Kieffer recall

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    Sorry don't underseand that
    You do surprise me!

Why moan about it, we knew what the terms of the loan were when we signed it, thanks Mick and Ipswich we needed this after last seasons efforts. Here’s to KM’s replacement being as good and just maybe just even better.

I'm perhaps being overly cynical but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Mick is being a bit canny. By saying he wants him back, he is effectively endorsing the view to other managers - including Warney, of course - that he believes KM can now be successful in a Championship outfit; it isn't that he 'just' looks good in League One.

Whether he has a place for him, or even believes this estimation, could be less important than the fact that he has effectively talked up KM's value to a prospective buyer by saying it.

And he has nothing to lose by saying this. Yes, he is signaling the possibility of a return but I would say he is also keeping his options open for a prospective lucrative sale and tactically this statement won't hurt in getting the best price. Any other signal (confirm he can stay at Rotherham for the full year; say nothing and wait for offers) is less advantageous.

The optimist in me says that he is still for sale but this statement will help make sure that a prospective buyer - including us - will need to dig a little deeper to afford him...

£10,000 from Forest Green there must be some more bargains down there.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I'm perhaps being overly cynical....

The optimist in me says that he is still for sale but this statement will help make sure that a prospective buyer - including us - will need to dig a little deeper to afford him...
    You're a bigger optimist & cynic than me CT lol.

Here's my loopy view,
    Ipswich have lost their last 3 games & only scored 1 goal in the last 3, maybe Micky Mac is firing a shot across the bows in an attempt to get Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick & Sears scoring, extra competition for a starting place in his side.
    I wonder if Micky Mac can convince David McGoldrick to come on loan to us in January lol.

That's my daft theory & I'm sticking with it....at least whilst January.....anything can happen in the next two months, just make the best of KM whilst he's here.

Unfortunately, we have been in this position before with the likes of Dicko, Tavernier, Hunt, Martinez etc... if some of the bigger teams come for him, he will be gone from ipswich, its worth a risk for them at possibly say 500k. McCarthy is simply talking up moores value and listening to their fans, they don't want him back. Let's use some of that Ward money used on him as he could play week in week out for us if he is enjoying his spell here.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    £10,000 from Forest Green there must be some more bargains down there.
    my thoughts as well - come on Jamie find him and bring him to us

MM has contradicted himself.
    He's said this week that it was always the intention to bring him back if he scored goals.
    When he first came to us he said if he scored goals he may be sold and a healthy profit would be made for his employers on the £10k they paid for him. He can change his mind though as he holds all the aces

A while ago I didn't think he'd be recalled because he wasn't c'ship standard but I can't see how MM can now ignore the top scorer.

Even if he is sold I very much doubt it will be to us - his agent will see to that.

I'd like to see a really pacy forward brought in to latch onto the through balls from both Newell and Williams - like Taylor has done but someone who is in a more advanced position more of the time.

Quick or not, someone who can be relied upon to put the ball in the back of the opposing net on a regular basis please

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    So as always, loan players are pretty much pointless. If any good we lose them, if rubbissh we keep them.

For what it's worth I don't think he'll do anything at Ipswich and he'll be looking for a new club in the summer, by then I hope we've moved on.
    Not sure you can call 11 goals so far and the points that has generated 'pointless'. It's providing a platform which can hopefully be built on.

Tend to agree that he'll not do well at the next level up, but hope I'm wrong.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast