+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Score & Att v Newport

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So based on these predictions, it's Win 16 Draw 7 Lose 9. The confidence of Notts fans is shot, isn't it?
    Apparently it is for half of those. The other half are expecting a win and a possible return to the top of the league...

I changed my mind, Notts to win 1.0 Smith to score assist by Ameobi

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I've just looked it up, serious. It was Eric Houghton, who became manager the following season, when we won promotion to Division 2.
    Thanks young 60YearsaPie! .... I had forgotten - but seem to remember he came from Villa and had played for England. I do remember him being a left winger but not in the same class as our Sidney!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I hope you don't get bored by this little story.

Although brought up in Hucknall I went to grammar school in West Bridgford and no school lunches were available so it was a packed lunch that my Mum made.

Being in WB at the time Florest were winning the FA Cup etc I was one of the few Notts supporters and I was always up for a bet, usually with the results you are experiencing though at the time only sixpence or a shilling. More than once I lost my bus fare and had to walk into town to get the bus home but then I hit upon a scheme which will become clear later.

One day I had a school friend come over and he had tea with us. A very polite lad he said to my Mum, "I do like your cakes". Mum enquired "How come you know what my cakes taste like Peter?", "Oh I buy them off old_pie at lunchtime!"
    Nice one.....I used to use my bus money in South Wales to buy football cards in the school tuck-shop.....then run back and to to school every day....I was the fastest kid in the primary school after 2 years.....it was all down-hill, body-wise, after that though.....I ended up being a rugby prop-forward in secondary school.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Some very downbeat forecasts for a side 2nd in the table.
    3-0 Notts, with 5778 there.
    Wahey, that'll teach you negative Nellies!

What's my prize, an intimate night with one of Tarquin's goats?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Last season they tonked us 3-0 ( should have had 7 ! ) at Meadow Lane when they where bottom of the league . So its a reverse this year , 3-0 to Notts , 6002 att.
    Unlucky 17 off the attendance!

Good turnout really

Notts fans are the most negative out of any other team!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyNotts View Post
    Unlucky 17 off the attendance!

Good turnout really

F00k!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Wahey, that'll teach you negative Nellies!

What's my prize, an intimate night with one of Tarquin's goats?
    Leave that female goat alone......she's mine

Glad to see I was wrong and I know you still have to win it but it's not the first time a sending off has given us a good result. Can we play against 10 every week?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345