+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prince

Thought it was a good interview and the complete opposite of what appears to be happening at the rust bucket thank god (or whoever else you happen to pray to)

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Are you disputing the length of time that McC has been a failure?
    Rod. the facts are there.Trying to accuse me of not wanting success in the future and waiting to see CW fail is absolute, 'Rod logic' , unsubstantiated and spurious tripe.

CW has broken McC's never ending circle of mediocrity, long may it last not least because, if we do have to change the manager, for whatever reason, then we are back in the unsafe hands of MvC's Russian roulette selection 'system'

Your ridiculous supposition that he CHASED CW and that the rest just morphed into the manager's chair serves only to defy logic, fact and history and is absolutely nonsensical.

Are you really saying that he was ambivalent about the other 9 but that he chased down CW like a crazed lover with an unrequited passion because that's what your posts say?

One last word90% failure rate
    I've never disputed our clubs failings TT,i've kept goin and seen the failings and that's one of the reasons why i'm thoroughly enjoyin this period of superb football we're seein, but unlike you i give credit when it's due.You've said before King Kev dropped lucky in gettin the MESSIAH,where's the Fact in that statement? Are you honestly tryin to say if/when our fortunes take a turn for the worse you won't be bangin on abart King Kev? Have a good day,cos if ya aint heard THE BLADES ARE TOP OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP. UTCB

"I can't Help Myself" must be his signature tune.

As for the Prince, he set the scene for when he would come good, i.e. when we are challenging to get to the PL, so he's got his wish and I'm sure he'll be putting his money where his mouth is.

After all, as the old saying goes, fine words butter no parsnips.
    I prefer to call it Sugerpie Honybun.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    How long ya been callin TT honeybun then Gray? Are ya just after free holidays in't Max&Paddy mobile? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I've never disputed our clubs failings TT,i've kept goin and seen the failings and that's one of the reasons why i'm thoroughly enjoyin this period of superb football we're seein, but unlike you i give credit when it's due.You've said before King Kev dropped lucky in gettin the MESSIAH,where's the Fact in that statement? Are you honestly tryin to say if/when our fortunes take a turn for the worse you won't be bangin on abart King Kev? Have a good day,cos if ya aint heard THE BLADES ARE TOP OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP. UTCB
    To prove the fact it was lucky is exactly why the whole decade needs to be looked at and that involves, unpalatable as it might be for you ( the Allright Now man, to go back to song analogies) looking at previous appointments and performance.His record previous to that was either ( or all) down to bad luck, bad choices, bad advice and/orincompetence

In your zealous joy at the recent success you have continually repeated that he chased CW more than any other.

Did he really?

Can you prove or exeemplify that, was the recruitment process remarkably different or is it your continued desire to leap to the defence of McC that clouds your judgement and makes you repeat such a plainly non-sensical argument?.

CW has become McC's magnificent out of jail card.It doesn't eradicate the fact that he imposed a 6 year sentence of 3rd division football on followers of SUFC.

Posting in capitals about a fact that all Blades rejoice in serves only to evince your simplistic attitude to reasoned debate.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out Gray, I just can't help myself sometimes.

Suger though!

To prove the fact it was lucky is exactly why the whole decade needs to be looked at and that involves, unpalatable as it might be for you ( the Allright Now man, to go back to song analogies) looking at previous appointments and performance.His record previous to that was either ( or all) down to bad luck, bad choices, bad advice and/orincompetence

In your zealous joy at the recent success you have continually repeated that he chased CW more than any other.

Did he really?

Can you prove or exeemplify that, was the recruitment process remarkably different or is it your continued desire to leap to the defence of McC that clouds your judgement and makes you repeat such a plainly non-sensical argument?.

CW has become McC's magnificent out of jail card.It doesn't eradicate the fact that he imposed a 6 year sentence of 3rd division football on followers of SUFC.

Posting in capitals about a fact that all Blades rejoice in serves only to evince your simplistic attitude to reasoned debate.
    You keep them fingers crossed that our gr8 form comes to an end ASAP, TT.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    You keep them fingers crossed that our gr8 form comes to an end ASAP, TT.UTCB
    Just answer the question Rod.

I see CW criticised the performance even though we won. It's that sort of attitude that ensures continued development.

Criticism and analysis of the past helps improve current and future perfromance.Or was he wrong to criticise even though things are going very well at present?

Now just answer the question.

What was different about the recruitment process in CW's case?

Just answer the question Rod.

I see CW criticised the performance even though we won. It's that sort of attitude that ensures continued development.

Criticism and analysis of the past helps improve current and future perfromance.Or was he wrong to criticise even though things are going very well at present?

Now just answer the question.

What was different about the recruitment process in CW's case?
    The difference in this appointment is that King Kev got it 100% correct nar why don't you say well done to him for gerrin this one r8 and we can move on? Friday was a gr8 win but we didn't play as well as normal cos we gave the ball away too easily for periods in't 2nd half,that said we still had enuff good chances to have scored 6,i mean Billy cudda/shudda had a hattrick.Unlike you i don't claim to know all King Kev's movements but i do know he was the one who went after Tufty cos i've been told by someone within the club(no Marvin it wasn't Travis.) Keep them fingers crossed TT.UTCB

I would like to thank Mr McCabe once again. He got us to the Prem once and who knows where this team can go with his appointed manager.

Either way, I've seen 8 relegations and 8 promotions since 1957......and we are currently in the same league as the one I first saw
    so Mr McCabe can't be blamed for everything TT.

UTCB

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast