+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prince

The Prince

Great Q & A session in the Star with our co-owner

A couple of phrases:

"We have to run the best financial operation, have the best people and now we are lucky because we have the Messiah (Chris Wilder)."

"I do this because I have a passion. The feeling after the Sheffield Wednesday game was priceless."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...-one-1-8826052

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...-two-1-8826088

He's a Blade and he's a blade

"I have a plan and my people will present it to the board. We want Sheffield United to be a world class club. But we also never want to fans to lose sight of the fact this is Sheffield United, their club. We never want them to feel it isn’t."

What's this plan you talk about?

Premier League,£'s,Premier League,£'s.Premier League,£'s,Premier League,£'s.David Brooks,Premier League,£'s,Premier League,£'s,God Forbid.Premier League,£'s,Premier League,£'s.Premier League,£'s,Premier League,£'s.David Brooks,Premier League,£'s,Premier League,£'s,God Forbid.

Bins a Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    "I have a plan and my people will present it to the board. We want Sheffield United to be a world class club. But we also never want to fans to lose sight of the fact this is Sheffield United, their club. We never want them to feel it isn’t."

What's this plan you talk about?

That’s the key comment here. It looks like he’s seen the current shambles across the city and will learn from their owner’s mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    That’s the key comment here. It looks like he’s seen the current shambles across the city and will learn from their owner’s mistakes.

I agree totally on that Mr G,our neighbours way of doing things is not one we need to repeat

Only this morning I heard Carloss try and wash his hands of the sorry saga that is young Hirst,if that lad has any sense he should sign for us

Very encouraging that he's serious about expanding our scouting network.

Good interview overall.

Easy to pick holes and debate over choices of words here and there, but the theme is one of pushing on to greater heights without losing the soul of the club. Can't fault that...

When it comes down to disecting it, I think that his English overall is excellent but we need to make some allowance for his interpetatiion of some of the more colloquial terminology.

I really respect the fact that he’s a self made millionaire and as such he’s not going to throw his money away, but I also hope that he’s as good as his word and when we need the extra investment brings a few big hitters onboard.

It’s good to feel (at last) that there’s an overall medium to long term plan that will be adhered to, although just how much it’s down to the incompatible Wilder and his team as opposed to the board and owners remains to be seen. As always, I live in hope and will back anything positive from the board and owners 100%, whilst listening to the King singing ‘Suspicious Minds’ once a week just to stop me getting too carried away.

LS&T I thought that when he said the Firm mate, I thought he was referring to the BBC until I remembered Tom Cruise had made one an all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    When it comes down to disecting it, I think that his English overall is excellent but we need to make some allowance for his interpetatiion of some of the more colloquial terminology.

I really respect the fact that he’s a self made millionaire and as such he’s not going to throw his money away, but I also hope that he’s as good as his word and when we need the extra investment brings a few big hitters onboard.

It’s good to feel (at last) that there’s an overall medium to long term plan that will be adhered to, although just how much it’s down to the incompatible Wilder and his team as opposed to the board and owners remains to be seen. As always, I live in hope and will back anything positive from the board and owners 100%, whilst listening to the King singing ‘Suspicious Minds’ once a week just to stop me getting too carried away.
    Kevin McCabe singin suspicious minds Gray? UTCB

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast