+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yogie..

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Why would he 'certainty get the respect of the dressing room'. By all accounts the Raith players lost all respect for him when he publicly slated them. It's one thing telling ur players how it is in the dressing room and but it's another telling the whole nation. If my boss when on TV telling the world how ****e I was at my job, I'd probably down tools as well if I'm being honest.
    I think most folk would too.

Quote Originally Posted by arabian_ian View Post
    I think Ranger Smith was actually eating Huney
    Not bad Ian

Why would he 'certainty get the respect of the dressing room'. By all accounts the Raith players lost all respect for him when he publicly slated them. It's one thing telling ur players how it is in the dressing room and but it's another telling the whole nation. If my boss when on TV telling the world how ****e I was at my job, I'd probably down tools as well if I'm being honest.
    If people want to have a wee cry because their gaffers had a go at them then fair enough, but these lads are grown men and are always under pressure to do well, if criticisms not coming from the manager it’s coming from the stands, I’m a strong believer in constructive criiticism and if my boss was having a go at me in public I’d do whatever I could to prove the c**t wrong not down tools

Quote Originally Posted by P2BAA_83 View Post
    If people want to have a wee cry because their gaffers had a go at them then fair enough, but these lads are grown men and are always under pressure to do well, if criticisms not coming from the manager it’s coming from the stands, I’m a strong believer in constructive criiticism and if my boss was having a go at me in public I’d do whatever I could to prove the c**t wrong not down tools
    Val McDermid was incredibly scathing in her assessment of Yogi over the weekend, so much as to say god help us if we hire him
    So much so I think she would like to make Yogi one of her murder victims in her next book.

That has kind of soured me on Hughes being appointed

I don't agree, before Hughes took over at Raith had they not lost something like 11 games on the bounce? and as a result the manager was sacked. They were in dire need of a kick up the erse to try and get a reaction, if anyone was to blame for Raith being relegated it wasn't Hughes, it was the honking attitude of the players, the rot was already there and eating away at the club.

I can’t believe that with supposedly 50+ candidates throwing their hat into the ring, that Hughes is considered to be one of the front runners. If that is the case then Scottish Football is fecked.

I’ve supported Utd for over 45 years now (during the good & bad times) and despite moving away from Dundee when I was a kid, I’ve continued to follow them, going to as many games as I can. However, if the ambition of DUFC is to give the job to someone of Hughes ‘calibre’ then that may well be the final nail in the coffin for me. It nearly has me calling for McNamara, Mixu, Brewster, McCall, Chisholm, Kirkwood, Sturrock to return - feck me have we really had all these sh1te managers in recent years?

I know we are not the most attractive opportunity at present, but surely we can attract better than Hughes?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I don't agree, before Hughes took over at Raith had they not lost something like 11 games on the bounce? and as a result the manager was sacked. They were in dire need of a kick up the erse to try and get a reaction, if anyone was to blame for Raith being relegated it wasn't Hughes, it was the honking attitude of the players, the rot was already there and eating away at the club.
    A quick look there it seems that prior to him coming in they'd lost 7 out of 11 games. He came in and they lost 7 of the next 12, so no massive turnaround or reaction.

An experienced manager is on the brink of being signed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    An experienced manager is on the brink of being signed?
    I really hope it's not Hughes. Comes across as a bit of a clown and can't imagine he'd get much respect from the players.

He had some scathing things to say about the Raith players when they got relegated and didn't take any responsibility himself.

Where some of the criticism of the players was justified, whether we like it or not, in today's football environment publicly slating players is the quickest way to lose the dressing room and any manager that doesn't appreciate this won't last long.

A quick look there it seems that prior to him coming in they'd lost 7 out of 11 games. He came in and they lost 7 of the next 12, so no massive turnaround or reaction.
    See what I mean, he actually improved them get big Yogi signed pronto

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)