+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO Alf

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'm not discounting it at all, Alf. The chief problem is that the Aussies are past-masters at slowing down the play-the-ball.
    England will need to get it wide as quickly as possible.
    just a little question of us beating Tonga and the Aussies beating Fiji first Aucks

Btw, I got my fixtures mixed up (as usual lol). I had us/England down as playing the winners of the New Zee or Fiji match.
    Btw, who or what is the Lebanon team all about, are they full of players from other nations, a bit like the so called Scotland and Ireland teams as well ?. And I didnt know America had started playing R.L, they havent scored many touchdowns in this tournament have they!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Btw, I got my fixtures mixed up (as usual lol). I had us/England down as playing the winners of the New Zee or Fiji match.
    Btw, who or what is the Lebanon team all about, are they full of players from other nations, a bit like the so called Scotland and Ireland teams as well ?. And I didnt know America had started playing R.L, they havent scored many touchdowns in this tournament have they!.
    The vast majority of them play in Australia, Acido. Big Lebanese community there. So it all started in Sydney, but then spread to Lebanon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    The vast majority of them play in Australia, Acido. Big Lebanese community there. So it all started in Sydney, but then spread to Lebanon itself.
    I havent got the first clue who or where Lebanon is Aucks, unless I look on the map lol.
    But I love R.L (and Hull FC are my team), and I wish the game could get the Intl coverage it deserves. Especially when it comes to the biggest tournament ever eh... the World Cup!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I havent got the first clue who or where Lebanon is Aucks, unless I look on the map lol.
    But I love R.L (and Hull FC are my team), and I wish the game could get the Intl coverage it deserves. Especially when it comes to the biggest tournament ever eh... the World Cup!.
    Very big down here, Acido. Probably the Pacific Islanders first sport. Excellent coverage of the World Cup at the moment.

Well,what about that semi Aucks,we nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory..talk about a close thing when we should have buried them.. Anyway can we Give the arrogant Aussies a game next Saturday or will we be overrun by them.. .?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well,what about that semi Aucks,we nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory..talk about a close thing when we should have buried them.. Anyway can we Give the arrogant Aussies a game next Saturday or will we be overrun by them.. .?
    Alf - there have been so many surprises, who knows? I live in a suburb with lots of Tongan neighbours, and the atmosphere has been superb.
    That last ten minutes shows what can happen when panic sets in on one side, and adrenaline on the other.
    As for the decision, I've watched the incident several times, and the ref probably got it right. All the same, it would have been sensible to refer it, just to clear the uncertainty.
    Realistically, the Aussies are just too good (as in the cricket ), but - as I said - it's been a tournament of turn-ups.

Well, Alf, in the end, we just lacked that bit of composure (and/or luck) at the crucial moments. The ankle-tap was the real killer, as we looked certain to score then.
    Magnificent defence by both sides. I still think we should have got the ball wider, quicker - not just in this game, but throughout the tournament.

Yes,I agree with you Aucks,I thought we were the better them for long parts,just couldn't play the right ball when needed..As you say,The ankle tap was the difference at the end.If we'd have scored we would have gone on to beat them..Never mind it was an incredible game and I'm extremely proud of the lads efforts in a different country and climate.. Roll on super league season..

Are you an ex-pat Aucks ?, I thought you were a total Kiwi.
    Weve done well to get to the Final but I do think it was also because of New Zee's surprise exit in the Qtrs. There arent many exciting RL games that finish only 6-0 are there, but I was hooked right till the last minute of this match.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)