+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO Alf

FAO Alf

Have you been watching the League, Alf?
    I thought the ref was a bit harsh on England. All the marginal decisions seemed to go the Aussies' way. He allowed too much delay on the English play-the-ball, especially near the line.
    England looked pretty good in the second half, but the final try was a killer. If the ball had bounced slightly differently, it might well have been a try the other way.
    Let's hope Sam B. recovers.
    Good game, though.

Yes,neither side played well but the Aussies always seem to get the bounce don't they.. The Tongan squad look pretty good ..They will take some stopping ..

Told you the Tongan squad would take some stopping Aucks..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Told you the Tongan squad would take some stopping Aucks..
    Dreadful second half by the Kiwis, Alf. A repeat of what the NZ Warriors have been doing for the last five years!
    All credit to Tonga, though. I wonder how far they can go.

I would think its going to be New Zealand v Australia and England v Tonga semi finals barring massive shocks

I would think its going to be New Zealand v Australia and England v Tonga semi finals barring massive shocks
    I agree, Alf. Let's hope England have learned a lot from watching NZ v. Tonga.

A massive massive shock Auks..New Zealand lose to Fiji 4-2 in quarter finals.. Unbelievable

Tonga just scraped through by two points against Lebanon..

A massive massive shock Auks..New Zealand lose to Fiji 4-2 in quarter finals.. Unbelievable

Tonga just scraped through by two points against Lebanon..
    One of the strangest League days I've seen, Alf. The Kiwis looked nervous and disjointed throughout. An outsider would never have known who the favourites were.
    And Lebanon...???

Is England's name on this trophy eh Aucks ?.
    We've got to beat both Papa New Guinea & Fiji in order to reach the Final.... and if we do its a nice and easy fixture then against the pumped up host nation and obvious favourites Australia in the Final lol. They didnt thrash us in the opening game and I reckon the pressure would be more on them if we could get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Is England's name on this trophy eh Aucks ?.
    We've got to beat both Papa New Guinea & Fiji in order to reach the Final.... and if we do its a nice and easy fixture then against the pumped up host nation and obvious favourites Australia in the Final lol. They didnt thrash us in the opening game and I reckon the pressure would be more on them if we could get there.
    I'm not discounting it at all, Alf. The chief problem is that the Aussies are past-masters at slowing down the play-the-ball.
    England will need to get it wide as quickly as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)