+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: They huff and puff

They huff and puff

And still they can't blow the house down
    A very good try by a clueless official to blow our cup run but will just about hold on
    Is there any chance of having a decent ref for a change
    My one worry is this will dent our confidence
    Second string or not negativity flows throughout.

Let's hope the opposite happens, and this produces a sense of injustice which spurs the players on.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Let's hope the opposite happens, and this produces a sense of injustice which spurs the players on.

I'm a little bit miffed about this. We have a slight issue now. Which could derail us potentially. Having been so brilliant in the league of late, I feel now we have to pick ourselves up. All this is could have been avoided easily. We do not need a run in the FA Cup. Absolutely nothing can be achieved, other than some money from getting to the next round, and potentially a big draw in the next round. But whatever we are due to make from any kind of run, would be dwarfed by winning promotion. Its so simple, we HAVE to go up this season, or we could be down here for years. We have to concentrate on one thing, the league. Why TM decided to play a strong side yesterday, really has come back to bite us on the ass. We now have a replay, which we really didn't want. We already have a game in hand, we do not need more fixtures. TM has been very very cautious all season, which made the decision to play key players and risk losing them for the crucial league games, all the stranger. That was a game to play kids and reserve team players only. Like we would in the league cup. We played Crewe ffs. Even our kids should be able to at least give them a game. If we went out, we went out. But certainly not another game. Definately don't lose 2 players to suspension (are they only going to miss Cup games?). One good thing was we didn't suffer an injury to a key player. That would have been a disaster. Playing the team he did created this situation, taking a huge risk with more pressing matters to deal with. While I agree we suffered 2 terrible decisions yesterday, we have enjoyed lots of good luck, we certainly did vrs Blackpool away. So yesterday was a reminder we wont get everything our own way all season. But as I mentioned, it could all have been easily avoided, busy not taking an uncessary risk. Now we have to pick ourselves up, play an extra game, and try avoid being distracted. As I was thinking prior to the weekend, we are much better off being out of this competition (which we have no chance of winning) to concentrate on one we have a huge chance in, the league. TM hasn't made too many glaring mistakes, but I have to say this was one.

I agree fully
    Big mistake playing Bennett
    We were short of wingers before the sending off now we have no recognised wingers fit and available for a crucial game against dangerous opposition in Peterborough.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I agree fully
    Big mistake playing Bennett
    We were short of wingers before the sending off now we have no recognised wingers fit and available for a crucial game against dangerous opposition in Peterborough.

I just think is some ways I can understand Mowbray being overly cautious. While Chapman was fit, he rarley played him? Even though he was clearly head and shoulders better than anyone in the league. TM's cautiousness has kept us alive in the league, without not playing well until recent matches. So why did he think being positive vrs a side bottom of the League in a competition we wont win come from? It made no sense, and I can see this coming back to bite us. Hopefully I am wrong.

We will find out against Peterborough when selecting the correct formation and players available will be key.

I know where you're both coming from, but Bennett was stupid to lash out, even if it was six-of-one, etc.

True but the real disappointment was the ref should of sent both off
    I don't disagree with the Bennett sending off however he should of sent the Crewe player off too.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)