+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T I've just received an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    France is a bit like olden days Canklow
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    How so?
    If I said that France is introducing th cash back on your card this year. That's the type of social time lag we're in. It's like living through the 80s sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Well done Frogster, you have to look after us old b8ggers
    You're welcome. Make sure you keep wrapped up won't you!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If I said that France is introducing th cash back on your card this year. That's the type of social time lag we're in. It's like living through the 80s sometimes.
    so you coming back to the UK before the gate is locked?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    so you coming back to the UK before the gate is locked?
    Not a chance Saw. Although it's not plain sailing here we're not ready to return. Well have to apply for French passports soon but it's a small price to pay. Dual nationality makes a massive difference than having to change nationality.

This council term will be my one and only though. Battling with people who just want badges to say that they did this, that and the other isn't my thing.
    There is one guy who is head of works. He won't have meetings with the rest of us until the time it comes for voting. He proposed a concrete path along theside of the lake. It has made a massive difference and looks good.
    We've then asked for an archetect to be employed to give us direction on how to improve the whole site which include s a beach, a play area but it's all pieced together now so we asked to somehow tie everything together. This was 3 years ago and at that time he knew someone who owed him a favour so he was told to get on with it.
    Over the next 2 and 1/2 years he kept coming up with these ideas so I asked him what had happened in regards to the archetect. It turned out that a group of kids from the university had visited and drawn up a plan including changing the camp site and a raised wooden path accross the beach leading to a new terrace area in front of a summer restaurant that we have.
    He had been selling these ideas as his own. There were so many fundimental errors in the plans practicalities that when we saw it in detail it was shot to ribands.
    It was unfortunate that he had kept it to himself with these students because if he'd included us in it then they would have had a better understanding of what was needed. He has since distanced himself from the plans and the guy who owd him a favour was his old teacher that he'd kept in touch with. We've since found out that the plans for this were drawn up 6 years ago before he became a councillor.

This is the sort of mentality that are on the councils. As Monte said 'he wouldn't want a French man telling him what to do' there is a lot of that.

In our village we don't have a bench for old folk to sit down at apart from the bar. There are granite stones that can sit at but when you're 70+ it's not practical.

Frog, there's nothing against you but I tell things as I see them. When the sh*t hits the fan you are an outsider. Cosy now but it might not always be. I've been there and own the T-Shirt. Don't burn your bridges, mon ami.

What's the village called Frog?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12