+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top of the Table

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Proudest I’ve been since TC’s days, I’m not sure I agree with Wilder’s downbeat assessment. Clarke MOTM for me.
    I agree about Clarke - what an effort again! But I agree 100% with CW re the overall performance.
    He always says it as he sees it - and happily, he recognises the problems - so he has a chance to sort them out.
    So nice not to have a delusional manager!

yeah love that aspect of chris so honest knew we should have buried them so much different than carlos whos up his own a**e all of the time

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I agree about Clarke - what an effort again! But I agree 100% with CW re the overall performance.
    He always says it as he sees it - and happily, he recognises the problems - so he has a chance to sort them out.
    He was spot on with his comments. I suppose it's the shock of a manager speaking the truth rather than the usual "we'll take the positives", "maybe we weren't in the right frame of mind" etc, etc, etc.

As others have said Clarke was immense, what a shift he put in.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I think he was a little harsh Ronnie. I understand where he was coming from, there were times where we overplayed it a bit or got caught in possession and we could have been caught out, but in the context of the overall performance I thought it was secondary and we did very well. I’m proud as punch with the performance but if Chris thinks they need a word I’ll bow to the ‘Messiah’.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Proudest I’ve been since TC’s days, I’m not sure I agree with Wilder’s downbeat assessment. Clarke MOTM for me.

Couldn't agree more Gray, Clarke worked his arse off tonight, and yes I was also reminded of those good old days.

Another good performance tonight from what bits i saw, nailed on top six , providing you don't sell January ? Good luck ,
    Forza di Reds DTFLWG

Hope you f u c k Barnsley South tomorrow.

Sheffield United,top of the league.

How very nice

Quote Originally Posted by biri View Post
    Couldn't agree more Gray, Clarke worked his arse off tonight, and yes I was also reminded of those good old days.
    To be fair Biri,LEON's worked very hard in every game i've seen him in this season,he's like a man posessed.I didn't think COUTTSY&FLECKY were as good as normal but still had good games,2 quality goals(again)What a class finish by BROOKSY,this kid really is a special talent,couldn't believe it BILLY missed his 3rd chance from the wonderfully worked free kick,his 2nd chance of the night was a wonderful save from Lonergan.Fantastic result,and a decent performance but we had a spell in't 2nd half when we were givin the ball away too easily.I was impressed with their player who hit the post in't 2nd half Saiz or summat.TUFTY &KNILLY and the rest of the staff are doin a remarkable job,long may it continue.UTCB

Just a couple of observations on the Leeds side.

Saiz was excellent and looked like the kind of quality we are going to have to add. He did have a terrible haircut, but one trip to Rogers will fix that.

The striker Lasogga, the baldie who looks like my accountant, did feck all for the first 15 minutes, must have seen Leons performance, then spent the rest of the game chasing around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast