+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 106 of 135 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1345

Thread: Replacement for DM

Jack Ross for me. Might not work, what's the worst that can happen. The club has gone stale under McInnes. The new signings haven't worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    OK. Sticking to the original intent of this thread ...

I'm leaning towards the laddie Ross from St. Mirren. What he's achieved there in a short period is pretty impressive.

In any case, previous managers we've appointed from St Mirren have done pretty well for us - trophy-wise.

Yup. Jack Ross for me.
    Cringe,I’ve been reading pysh like that on other forums all day.

Jack Ross isn’t even in the door yet and he is getting compared to Fergie by some.

The poor c@nt doesn’t stand a chance.If I was him I would give us a wide berth.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Cringe,I’ve been reading pysh like that on other forums all day.

Jack Ross isn’t even in the door yet and he is getting compared to Fergie by some.

The poor c@nt doesn’t stand a chance.If I was him I would give us a wide berth.
    Exactly, lots in here were hailing McInnes as the next Fergie because they were both Ex Hun players. There will never be another Fergie, just let whoever the next manager is (if he does in fact leave) be their own man without the constant comparison to Fergie.

This board is the only place I've ever heard of this Jack Ross guy. Why on earth would he be our next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    This board is the only place I've ever heard of this Jack Ross guy. Why on earth would he be our next manager?
    I don’t think Milne will be running the shortlist by you first, just to see if you’ve heard of them.

Not Doc

A number 2 replacing a number 1 almost never works
    Jose Mourinho wasn't bad when he stepped up from being a number 2 but yeah i get what you mean

I originally only heard of him on here, however the press have been singing his praises for months now and he seems to be held in high regard in footballing circles.

Give me Jack Ross over some of the names being banded about. Im not saying he is the obvious choice, but to me he would be the right one just now. Like it or not and some folk will disagree, Derek has done pretty well and will leave us in a good position, something we are not used when a manager goes, as they are normally sacked. A Tommy Wright type figure would turn us into a boring outfit and very likely would return us to something like we saw under JC. Jack Ross in my opinion would take over a side doing relatively well and could push us in the right direction, like has doen with previous clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Jack Ross for me. Might not work, what's the worst that can happen. The club has gone stale under McInnes. The new signings haven't worked.
    I'd go for Ross too, and a new manager may get the new guys playing well and in their correct positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    OK. Sticking to the original intent of this thread ...

I'm leaning towards the laddie Ross from St. Mirren. What he's achieved there in a short period is pretty impressive.

In any case, previous managers we've appointed from St Mirren have done pretty well for us - trophy-wise.

Yup. Jack Ross for me.

I would hardly call taking St Mirren from bottom to 2nd is "pretty impressive"

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser10 View Post
    I would hardly call taking St Mirren from bottom to 2nd is "pretty impressive"
    Yet folk, myself included, have said Derek done well taking us from 9th to 2nd. I would say in that league, going from relegation material to 2nd on their resources is actually pretty impressive to be honest.

Page 106 of 135 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast