+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1345

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Didn’t seem that way today.
    Yep, he made a complete mess of it today bringing Barker into more a central role rather than keeping him wide once they went behind. In fairness he did try to change it even though it backfired. Del changes little and that is another thing I don’t like about him at times. Today it didn’t work out for Lennon but he is no bottler as he tries things.
    Let’s see if Del has the bottle for Parkhead next week before you pat him on the back .

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We could try to replace him with Guardiola but I don't think he would be interested.
    Folk would still moan. !!

His Man City team are like Harlem globetrotters, some of the football they are playing is unbelievable. I cannot see anyone touching Man City as long as he is in charge. Great manager by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    Folk would still moan. !!

His Man City team are like Harlem globetrotters, some of the football they are playing is unbelievable. I cannot see anyone touching Man City as long as he is in charge. Great manager by all accounts.
    A manager who gets his team to constantly try to score goals. He is managing players to play the correct way and will always try and score more than the opponents they face.
    In fairness to his very little doubters...he has managed 3 money laden teams. Let’s get rid of Del and see what he could do at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Yep, he made a complete mess of it today bringing Barker into more a central role rather than keeping him wide once they went behind. In fairness he did try to change it even though it backfired. Del changes little and that is another thing I don’t like about him at times. Today it didn’t work out for Lennon but he is no bottler as he tries things.
    Let’s see if Del has the bottle for Parkhead next week before you pat him on the back .
    Barker didn’t go centrally, he kept trying to get wide but was well marshalled by our midfield of McLean, Shinnie, GMS, Christie and at times Rooney / May.

You could see at close hand his frustration on the tough line in the second half.

As for your last sentence, Celtic are in a league of their own.
    Far better and realistic to measure against a manager on a similar budget and apparently pushing for 2nd place off us.
    On that point DM has Lennon in his hipper.

Barker was brought into the park by Lennon from playing on the wing. BT sport saying he was the tip of a midfield diamond (and Lennon did as the camera pointed out with his signals) . He maybe didn’t keep the shape of it well as our midfield played very decent today and limited Barker, McGinn etc .
    I don’t care about Lennon and Hibs. I only stated that I thought Lennon would be a more able replacement for McInnes.
    McInnes should be judged against Celtic let’s not let him away with that. That is what is wrong with Aberdeen for far to long now...the club is defeating itself by not attempting a challenge.

Barker was brought into the park by Lennon from playing on the wing. BT sport saying he was the tip of a midfield diamond (and Lennon did as the camera pointed out with his signals) . He maybe didn’t keep the shape of it well as our midfield played very decent today and limited Barker, McGinn etc .
    I don’t care about Lennon and Hibs. I only stated that I thought Lennon would be a more able replacement for McInnes.
    McInnes should be judged against Celtic let’s not let him away with that. That is what is wrong with Aberdeen for far to long now...the club is defeating itself by not attempting a challenge.
    As a vociferous critic of McInnes I have to doth my cap to him today. We were in their faces and going for the kill. He got it spot on today. Lennon bottled it as he's apparently done on various occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Point scoring against fellow fans
    Christ just bask in today's performance/result.

And let this thread die...
    Not meant to be point scoring, just backing our manager.
    Despite that, some don’t want to accept and keep looking for our next manager.
    Lennon was suggested and whilst I agree he is a decent manager, DM showed today his team and his management is better than Hibs/Lennon. Remember we beat them on their patch too.

So I agree, close the thread and let’s support our team and our management

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Lennon bottled it as he's apparently done on various occasions.
    Sorry pal, I have to disagree. Lennon got it wrong today during the match but he certainly never bottled it. He tried a tactical change when they went behind so his team could pose more danger than they were currently. At half time he made 2 subs to try and help his team. I just don’t see where Lennon being a bottler comes from as he always sets his teams to have a go at the opposition.
    We certainly got the better of Hibs today no question at all and I was impressed with a lot of our play.

Sorry pal, I have to disagree. Lennon got it wrong today during the match but he certainly never bottled it. He tried a tactical change when they went behind so his team could pose more danger than they were currently. At half time he made 2 subs to try and help his team. I just don’t see where Lennon being a bottler comes from as he always sets his teams to have a go at the opposition.
    We certainly got the better of Hibs today no question at all and I was impressed with a lot of our play.
    Basically in your eyes when Derek McInnes gets it wrong he's a bottler. When another manager gets it wrong, it's just "wrong"!

PMSL.

McInnes is a great manager for us. Tremendous manager, he's brought about stability, professionalism and above all pride back to Aberdeen FC.

I appreciate and accept that you won't always see eye to eye with a manager and his decisions but he's been brilliant for the club and I feel we're lucky to have him at our club.

#happyclapperfanclub#

Or just realistic!

I travelled up with a Hibs die hard and that was his words as well. He's been saying that since last season.

Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast