+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 135 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    When McInnes goes (which I think will be in the next 2 years, but probably not right now) the key thing will be to preserve what he has built over the last few seasons. The last thing we want or need is radical changes - we've got a team that's doing well, so it would be disaster to have a major overhaul. Therefore we'd likely be looking for someone similar to McInnes who can maintain and build on what he's done - an internal appointment makes sense from that point of view. It's risky if they're unproven, as Sheerin and Robson are, but there's also a sense in which an outside appointment is risky because it brings a more radical change. If we were mid table doing nothing radical change is what we'd be after. But having done consistently well for the last 3-4 years, radical change is the last thing we need.

By the way, I'm not saying I'd go with Sheerin and Robson - just pointing something out. There's not many other managers around that are realistic options and who excite me. Added to that is the fact that success at one club doesn't guarantee success at another - it's always a gamble bringing someone in from outside.
    Exactly.

Personally, I'd go for

1. Potter / Reid
    2. Jack Ross
    3. Sheering / Robson

Not heard any other suggestions which I think is realistic or inspiring.

I think the club will go with Sheerin / Robson though

FWIW , I think der Hun reincarnated will look enviously at Hollywood teeth across the other side of Glasgow and try to emulate that model. Bring in a ex-EPL manager who could make a sea-change in their fortunes.

We know they have no patience, and the 2 years (at the very least) they would have to give McInnes to turn the train wreck around would be unpalatable.

The option therefore of Pardew may suit them down to the ground. No contract to buy out (check), “high profile” ex-EPL status (check), arrogant **** full of his own self-importance (check).

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    FWIW , I think der Hun reincarnated will look enviously at Hollywood teeth across the other side of Glasgow and try to emulate that model. Bring in a ex-EPL manager who could make a sea-change in their fortunes.

We know they have no patience, and the 2 years (at the very least) they would have to give McInnes to turn the train wreck around would be unpalatable.

The option therefore of Pardew may suit them down to the ground. No contract to buy out (check), “high profile” ex-EPL status (check), arrogant **** full of his own self-importance (check).
    great post, likely not a million miles out. Sam Allardyce?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Exactly.

Personally, I'd go for

1. Potter / Reid
    2. Jack Ross
    3. Sheering / Robson

F**k me, if we appoint Sheerin/Robson as permanent managers, expect us to fall down the league to scrabbling to be in top 6
    On what basis would they get the job?
    The U-20's are hardly pulling up trees.

The huns will need to get McIness for nought according to this report!
    Beautiful, beautiful... Go pedo.....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ibrox-pay-off/

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post

Big difference between Rodgers and the likes of Pardew though and not sure if the hun board will see it. Rodgers has been relatively loyal where he's been but more importantly, he's doing lots of work in the background. I was hearing before he signed the new deal that he was working on long term projects and community work, not just youth development. I can't see Pardew doing that. In all fairness to them, Celtic really did get it right appointing him.

Why would we go down that route?
    Its called succession planning and I think they had this in mind when they lured Sheerin from Arbroath to take over the development team and work with the first team.

It doesn't not make them good managers either.
    They aren't managers as Aberdeen got Sheerin in early and Robson is currently doing his badges

Like who?
    Not Tommy Wright that's for sure.
    Jack Ross is a good shout but also unproven at this level.
    Graham Potter / Billie Reid is the best shout I think, but would the board go for them and would they come?

How do you know that?
    You don;t do you?
    I won't be asking for the numbers for the Lottery draw as your crystal ball may be cracked.

As above and earlier, they have had a long term plan for this I think.
    Why take the risk with Sheerin and Robson? It makes no sense. Christ, DM and Co have spent years building this club to what it is now, with consistent 2nd place finishes and good cup runs, albeit only 1 cup, so why risk it for two completely unproven people, with minimal to zero managerial experience? We have had record ST sales, with some good crowds and the fans would expect a good replacement. it would seem like utter madness and suicide if it were to happen and would be completely uninspiring to all the fans. I for one would not be happy at all with such an appointment.

Obviously I cant guarantee it would fail, but I would be almost certain that it would and I would be willing to put my neck on the line and say we would finish mid-table under those two.

Of course I don't know if we will finish mid table under those two, but I bet you right now we will.

Exactly.

Personally, I'd go for

1. Potter / Reid
    2. Jack Ross
    3. Sheering / Robson

No they won't !!!!!

I think the board will go with McInnes and Doc as they are going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I think the board will go with McInnes and Doc as they are going nowhere
    Agreed. It’s looking more and more likely!!

Page 14 of 135 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast