+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We didn't play with a back three
    However many it was meant to be at the back, we were playing with wing-backs. You surely don't disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    However many it was meant to be at the back, we were playing with wing-backs. You surely don't disagree?
    I believe we played a flat back four. Logan, Arnasan, McKenna and Considine.

I think Logan was instructed to go with Declan John, wherever he went. Often he drifted inside, leaving a gaping hope for Windass to take up, which pulled Arnasun out wide.

I think Considine was picking up his man (often miller), who dropped short to play the ball back to one of the midfielders and we were caught by wither a Tavernier overlap or by a third man running from midfield i.e. Holt, with our midfielders failing to track.

It meant both our full backs were pulled out of position and leaving us exposed through the channels

We were also not helped by a lack of width from our midfielders. There was no left midfielder, so Shinnie was dragged wide to fill in until GMS came on.
    Same on the right, Christie is not defensively minded, so once Logan was pulled out of position, SevCo had a practical free reign down our right

Maybe we would have faired better with a back three, with wingbacks, else we deploy midfielders able to attack their full backs and defend our wings.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It is very ironic that the "supposed" favourite for the hun job did his utmost to remove himself from being favourite due to his ineptitude last night.

I think Sunday is massive for DM

Another inept team selection and performance and the fans will be very restless.
    SOME fans.

You are wasting your time talking about getting rid of McInnes because there is no chance in a million years Stewart Milne is going to sack him.

If the new stadium and training ground gets the go ahead I can see him being here for years.

Your only hope would be if he does something good enough to convince a team in England to offer him a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Holding as back from what exactly? We finished runner up in everything last season, we cant win the league, Celtic look like they are going to win a treble again and we are still second, so what are we being held back from. I could understand your point if we were mid-table and consistently losing, but that was the first league game in 12 is it, away from home that we have lost. Yes this season has been mediocre performances wise, but we are still 2nd place. It doesn't matter if everyone else is ****e, because we are better. We are 4 points behind a team that is a financial powerhouse and hasnt lost a domestic game in SIXTY-THREE matches... that to me is pretty good.

Some folk are in a flap because we lost to THEM, but to me it doesn't matter who it is, losing is losing. The performance was diabolical, the tactics equally as bad and we do look like we shyte it in big games, but we are still finishing in the best position we realistically can. You dont like DM, there are quite a few who dont, but i dont look at individual games and performances, i judge the manager on a full season and despite this season starting a bit mediocre, we are still in a strong position.
    It wasn't Celtic that beat us last night though, it was an exceptionally mediocre sevco side that lost to Hamilton in their last home game.

Still making the same mistake, season after season.

I don't really get the argument about not changing managers because of the dross we had before. I also don't get why we shouldn't be talking of having him sacked. Any other manager going there and getting pumped the way we were from an interior sevco team would be getting lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We didn't play with a back three
    oh here we go, you nit picking again.
    Just like you were on my case for saying we'd bottle it last night
    oh...and look...we did....

It was a clusterf*ck of a formation which at times was a back 3 or 5.

Mr Tinkerman comes up trumps again. I have defended McInnes big time in the past. He's got us back to being respectable again. We will continue to beat the average and poor teams in the league more often than not. But....Deek you can't shoehorn players into positions they clearly are not good enough to play in. On the whole the players he has brought in recently aren't up to it or are being played out of position.

I don't buy into the Huns are complete horsh..t scenario. They aren't. But we played completely into their strengths I knew Alves would make a big diffence. He is a big dirty brute but unless you have players with pace running at him he will stroll through a game. You cannot let Tavenier onto you as he is very good attacking. You need to put pressure on him and make him defend. He is not very good at that and neither is his left back counterpart John.

So very disappointed. We pay the third highest wages in the league and you would think a manager who was a competent midfield player could bloody well work out how to recruit and put out a a decent midfield on the park. Over to you Mr McInnes
    Last edited by kigoretrout; 30-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It wasn't Celtic that beat us last night though, it was an exceptionally mediocre sevco side that lost to Hamilton in their last home game.

I don't really get the argument about not changing managers because of the dross we had before. I also don't get why we shouldn't be talking of having him sacked. Any other manager going there and getting pumped the way we were from an interior sevco team would be getting lynched.
    Why should we be talking about him getting sacked though? because we lost to Sevco? ... as you said, it wasnt Celtic that beat us last night, it was a mediocre Sevco side, so why should that result serve as a catalyst for sacking talks, when we too are only mediocre and occasionally lose to mediocre teams. It just sounds ridiculous to me.

What i get from people who want him sacked is that they dont care about the fact we have finished second in every competition, but its because of who we lose to Celtic or Sevco that grates on them. Thats the main reason. If we finished as league runners up and cup runners up, but beat Sevco 4 times a season, most of those people would be happy. It doesnt matter to me about who we win against or lose to, but where we finish up at the end of a season. So far, he has taken us to a position which is realistically is about as good as we can get. No other manager is going to improve on that with Celtic being as financially powerful as they are.

As said in an other post, if you want decent football and/or trophies, Scottish football isn't going to be where it happens, because it is being ruled by one team. If this was a level playing field and we buckled, i would agree with exploring the possibility, but last season the only team that stopped us winning a treble was Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

You can talk about sacking him on a forum all you want,can you really see Stewart Milne sacking him?I can’t.

And considering the majority of people on here said the other day they either don’t go to the football or are thinking of giving up then Stewart Milne isn’t going to give a flying feck what you think.

You need to convince the 11000 season ticket holders to think the same as you,because I don’t hear any murmurs of sacking McInnes at Pittodrie,if anything I still hear them singing that stupid McInnes song more than anything.

McInnes has the safest job in world football because Milne is a boring b’stard himself. The manager is a reflection of the chairman & the team is a reflection of the manager.

Everything about AFC is incredibly f*cking boring

Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast