+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 135 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

I like the sound of the boy potter more than I do of jack ross

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Ross had a big budget at Alloa and now St. Mirren. I still rate him.

I'm not just singling you out here, but I've seen this line used a lot - "Jack Ross had the biggest budget in the league at Alloa and St Mirren..."

Outwith the ar$e cheeks, any manager coming here will likely have the biggest budget in the league - so surely having experience managing big budgets effectively is a positive thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    I'm not just singling you out here, but I've seen this line used a lot - "Jack Ross had the biggest budget in the league at Alloa and St Mirren..."

Outwith the ar$e cheeks, any manager coming here will likely have the biggest budget in the league - so surely having experience managing big budgets effectively is a positive thing?
    That seems fair enough. He also had less than f*ck all at Dumbarton, so he can work with or without cash.

The boys a genius . Sign him up before it’s too late

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post

Not if we are getting a new stadium he won't.

Over in la la land that is RangersMedia, they are even discussing the scenario of Alex Ferguson coming out for retirement to take over them on a temporary basis . All that without a hint of sarcasm... you cant even make up that sort of stupidity .

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Over in la la land that is RangersMedia, they are even discussing the scenario of Alex Ferguson coming out for retirement to take over them on a temporary basis . All that without a hint of sarcasm... you cant even make up that sort of stupidity .
    This is my favorite, in defense of Pedro...

"I don't think his style was wrong here. It was down to the nation itself not being prepared to alter how football is played "

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    According to Transfermarket - their squad value is less than Aberdeen's and just look at Group J here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/europa-league/table
    Well they are doing something right on a much smaller budget . I think that's a good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Taking them a heck of a long time to make this appointment, whoever it is, but as time goes by, McLeish or Tommy Wright or somebody of that ilk looking more and more likely.

The boy Mark Allen has been in place since before the end of last season, what the feck has he been doing in that time? Surely, even a club as chaotic at Sevco would know which road they want to go down?

They seem to think they have loads of time to make this appointment; if McInnes was such a stick on as the SMSM would have had us believe, the deal would have been done by end of last week I'd have thought, monday this week tops.

But we ain't even had a sniff of an advance from Sevco, by ANYONE in the media, so clearly, they've been scared off by the compo that we would demand.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Simon Grayson just been binned at Sunderland, back in for McInnes ?

Nah surely not

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Taking them a heck of a long time to make this appointment, whoever it is, but as time goes by, McLeish or Tommy Wright or somebody of that ilk looking more and more likely.

The boy Mark Allen has been in place since before the end of last season, what the feck has he been doing in that time? Surely, even a club as chaotic at Sevco would know which road they want to go down?

They seem to think they have loads of time to make this appointment; if McInnes was such a stick on as the SMSM would have had us believe, the deal would have been done by end of last week I'd have thought, monday this week tops.

But we ain't even had a sniff of an advance from Sevco, by ANYONE in the media, so clearly, they've been scared off by the compo that we would demand.
    Rumour has it that this is all down to Pedro's pay off, or lack of it I should say. Unless they know how that is going to go, im unsure they are even in a position to go for the likes of Derek, who obviously requires a payoff. They are an utter shambles of a club, so i'm not surprised that there are likely some sticking points. They HAVE to get their next appointment right, because paying off another manager isn't exactly good for finances. If its Derek, i would think he will want a 3 year deal minimum, which if he is unsuccessful, will drain them further. That said, i cant see him going to that basket case of a club anytime soon anyway.

Page 17 of 135 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast