+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Knows by that neep, the contingency will be Tommy Wright or Alex McLeish
    Don't even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s no use playing hardball now, the Huns have won. Take their offer & try not to be such a gormless prick next time round
    Depends what their first offer is. If it's like King going after O'Halloran, it will be 50p up front and the rest when they win the champions league.

No talking until they put the full amount in an escrow account.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Don't even go there.
    Just realised my post made no sense.

I meant knowing that neep, the contingency will be Wright or McLeish.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    I have a feeling Stewart Milne will refuse an unwelcome Sevco approach for McInnes rendering this thread unnecessary.
    Post 30 - 28th October. Looks like we've finally got there now! Wonder what took Sevco so long to make their move .... hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s no use playing hardball now, the Huns have won. Take their offer & try not to be such a gormless prick next time round
    Fair enough Sevco have rattled us over the course of this saga. I believe they've been bounced into this by their gormless f@ckwit of a Chairman at their AGM. They don't have the cash to pay the compo so to save face they eventually make an approach, Milne refuses and they can keep their fans on side. However, where I totally agree with you Mason is that it will be interesting to see how McInnes handles it now. Personally, I just can't see him accepting the job, even if he talks to them. Their financial situation is well known now. The whole issue surrounding King and the board is toxic. Tony Doc is a Tim so he likely has a problem going there with him.

Glib & Shameless is the one who has bounced the huns into making this approach. I suspect it wasn't really their plan before the AGM last week. Will be interesting to see how it plays out from here ....

They don't have the cash to pay the compo so to save face they eventually make an approach, Milne refuses and they can keep their fans on side.
    I actually think this does the exact opposite for them. It's widely known (or at least appears to be) that he has a release clause around £800,000. If their board make an approach and get knocked back it's basically an admission that McInnes is their number one target but they can't afford him: that their club is going to be worse because they couldn't stretch to pay a fairly small compensation package for a manager they apparently think is their best option.

I would be completely shocked if they didn't up their offer and meet the release clause (assuming it exists). It's impossible for them to climb down under the circumstances without suffering a PR disaster now it's been made clear McInnes is their target.

Depends if they have an alternative already lined up. Let's not flatter the h*ns by assuming this is all some sort of masterplan to do maximum damage to AFC. If DM is their only choice then I agree the time is now ticking for them to make an appointment. But making a bid for DM without having the cash for the comp isn't a level of incompetence that is beyond their current leadership. Unfortunately the two victories against us have given them a bit of breathing space.

Fair enough Sevco have rattled us over the course of this saga. I believe they've been bounced into this by their gormless f@ckwit of a Chairman at their AGM. They don't have the cash to pay the compo so to save face they eventually make an approach,

Then another and another Derek resigns as hes pissed off and we get f@ck all

Okay, so for arguments sake, if DM turns around next week and says
    "They made an approach which satisfied the criteria of my release clause so I had a chat with them just to see what is what and felt that I could not give up on the work that I have done at Aberdeen and I wish to continue what I have started. I can only feel pity for the fans of Sevco who are being led up the garden path by a group of individuals intent on trying to pull the wool over their eyes"

Would that be enough to get you all back on side? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney_Scarfer View Post
    Okay, so for arguments sake, if DM turns around next week and says
    "They made an approach which satisfied the criteria of my release clause so I had a chat with them just to see what is what and felt that I could not give up on the work that I have done at Aberdeen and I wish to continue what I have started. I can only feel pity for the fans of Sevco who are being led up the garden path by a group of individuals intent on trying to pull the wool over their eyes"

Would that be enough to get you all back on side? ;-)
    That sounds like about as likely as Sofia Vergara coming round my house for a cup of sugar.
    He’s a goner.
    SEVCO & Dons playing an old game here.

Page 99 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast