+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 135 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    source?
    Hope?

Heard from a Hun but it was apparently Pardew out for dinner with a member of the hun board informing him of his interest in the job so non official

Think they will give it to Robson/Sheerin till the end of the season if DM goes...

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Think they will give it to Robson/Sheerin till the end of the season if DM goes...
    F*ck that. I have been seeing this all over place and it makes me cringe. Why in the hell would we even go down that route. As beneficial as they are to the club, neither of them deserve to be managing at this level. I read someone saying earlier on in the thread that they deal with the players daily, so they would do well... and? it doesnt make them good managers, hence why they aren't managers currently.

We will get compo for Derek IF he leaves, so we should be replacing him with someone even better. Not with two unproven guys, who have never managed at a top level before.

I will tell you right now, if those two replace Derek and Doc, we will be mid table by end of the season at best. It would be a very unambitious move that wouldn't exactly thrill the fans. File the excitement of this along with that of McGhee's appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    read some p#sh on this forum but holy moley! why on earth would the board leave them in charge for 3/4 of a season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    read some p#sh on this forum but holy moley! why on earth would the board leave them in charge for 3/4 of a season!!!
    Fvck me min don’t have a heart attack 🤡
    Not what I believe should happen but what I think the board may look at
    They are grooming Robson for future manager If/when DM goes ...Robson is more than halfway through his 2 year coaching badges....Although it will come to early for Robson I think they may look at this.....Now sit your arse back down and chill

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    F*ck that. I have been seeing this all over place and it makes me cringe. Why in the hell would we even go down that route. As beneficial as they are to the club, neither of them deserve to be managing at this level.
    Why would we go down that route?
    Its called succession planning and I think they had this in mind when they lured Sheerin from Arbroath to take over the development team and work with the first team.

I read someone saying earlier on in the thread that they deal with the players daily, so they would do well... and? it doesnt make them good managers, hence why they aren't managers currently.
    It doesn't not make them good managers either.
    They aren't managers as Aberdeen got Sheerin in early and Robson is currently doing his badges

We will get compo for Derek IF he leaves, so we should be replacing him with someone even better. Not with two unproven guys, who have never managed at a top level before.
    Like who?
    Not Tommy Wright that's for sure.
    Jack Ross is a good shout but also unproven at this level.
    Graham Potter / Billie Reid is the best shout I think, but would the board go for them and would they come?

I will tell you right now, if those two replace Derek and Doc, we will be mid table by end of the season at best. It would be a very unambitious move that wouldn't exactly thrill the fans.
    How do you know that?
    You don;t do you?
    I won't be asking for the numbers for the Lottery draw as your crystal ball may be cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    As above and earlier, they have had a long term plan for this I think.

When McInnes goes (which I think will be in the next 2 years, but probably not right now) the key thing will be to preserve what he has built over the last few seasons. The last thing we want or need is radical changes - we've got a team that's doing well, so it would be disaster to have a major overhaul. Therefore we'd likely be looking for someone similar to McInnes who can maintain and build on what he's done - an internal appointment makes sense from that point of view. It's risky if they're unproven, as Sheerin and Robson are, but there's also a sense in which an outside appointment is risky because it brings a more radical change. If we were mid table doing nothing radical change is what we'd be after. But having done consistently well for the last 3-4 years, radical change is the last thing we need.

By the way, I'm not saying I'd go with Sheerin and Robson - just pointing something out. There's not many other managers around that are realistic options and who excite me. Added to that is the fact that success at one club doesn't guarantee success at another - it's always a gamble bringing someone in from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why would we go down that route?
    Its called succession planning and I think they had this in mind when they lured Sheerin from Arbroath to take over the development team and work with the first team.

It doesn't not make them good managers either.
    They aren't managers as Aberdeen got Sheerin in early and Robson is currently doing his badges

Like who?
    Not Tommy Wright that's for sure.
    Jack Ross is a good shout but also unproven at this level.
    Graham Potter / Billie Reid is the best shout I think, but would the board go for them and would they come?

How do you know that?
    You don;t do you?
    I won't be asking for the numbers for the Lottery draw as your crystal ball may be cracked.

As above and earlier, they have had a long term plan for this I think.
    I'm with Stupie and Bridieeater on this one. What a load of nonsense min. If Deek goes we go for an experienced relatively successful appointment. You are obviously too young to remember the Aitken and Hegarty appointments. A youth coach is not employed by a club in some sort of grandiose succession planning scheme. Sheerin was not particularly successful at Arbroath and is not well liked in circles. He was not even considered for the Forfar post. Robson is just starting out and without being unkind is as thick as two short planks.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    . Robson is just starting out and without being unkind is as thick as two short planks.
    well fk me I'm really glad you said that without being too unkind .........

Page 13 of 135 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast