+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 135 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Rumour has it that this is all down to Pedro's pay off, or lack of it I should say. Unless they know how that is going to go, im unsure they are even in a position to go for the likes of Derek, who obviously requires a payoff. They are an utter shambles of a club, so i'm not surprised that there are likely some sticking points. They HAVE to get their next appointment right, because paying off another manager isn't exactly good for finances. If its Derek, i would think he will want a 3 year deal minimum, which if he is unsuccessful, will drain them further. That said, i cant see him going to that basket case of a club anytime soon anyway.
    There's nothing that would say McInnes couldn't end up there next week, or even next month, till they sort out their finances, but I think your summation is spot on. It would be professional suicide for McInnes to go there, and he is one calculating dude. He knows where he wants to be long term.

McInnes will never work under a Director of football, he's an old skool manager who wants to run the entire football operation, including the scouting operation. Sevco, mysteriously, appointed Bomber Brown and a whole raft of scouts the other day. McInnes would want Doc, Graham Kirk, Gordon Marschall, Peanut, Russ Richardson the whole kit and caboodle. £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ (that Sevco wont have)

Calderwood, on the other hand, would have been begging on the marble staircase last thursday lunchtime

What major sporting institution sacks a manager yet cannot appoint a replacement till they accertain how much it will cost to pay off the previous guy? And have they in fact settled up with Warburton and Weir yet?

I think we can relax on this one. In fact, the more you think about it, no idea why we panicked in the 1st place.

The SMSM are already speaking about options other than McInnes. even they know its a non starter
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 01-11-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Heard today that Deek will be talking to them on Thursday and Tommy Wright possibly talking to us.. from someone who knows a St Johnston player.

Pinch o salt n aw that mind

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Heard today that Deek will be talking to them on Thursday and Tommy Wright possibly talking to us.. from someone who knows a St Johnston player.

Someone pass me a rope... Tommy Wright ... if that turns out to be true, then i think i will go into hibernation for the foreseeable future. Aye pinch of salt will be taken and i cant imagine we would be even considering talking to Tommy Wright, without knowing if Derek was going or not.

The longer it drags on, the less likely it will be McInnes and the more apparent it will be that Sevco are up the financial sh!t creek. IMO, money is the only stumbling block right now and is the only reason they haven't appointed someone as yet. King would have had his target picked before Pedro even went, so the delay seems to be financial.

"pinch of salt" you say?
    if that dinosaur takes over I'd be eating a bucket full of salt in the hope it killed me
    Hoof ball and turgid Calderwood style football.

IF DM is to go, then please, please, let it not be Wright, Adams or McLeish FFS

I heard the other day McLeish is lined up to replace McInnes

There is so much bull shyte flying around Aberdeen just now its best to ignore it until something actually happens.

You would think we play football like Brazil ‘82 the way some folk go on.

If we didn’t have a Sellick player on loan, our style wouldn’t be that entertaining either.

Not that I think Tommy Wright should get the job either but it’s bizarre the amount of abuse he takes on here from football purists.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

The longer it drags on, the less likely it will be McInnes and the more apparent it will be that Sevco are up the financial sh!t creek. IMO, money is the only stumbling block right now and is the only reason they haven't appointed someone as yet. King would have had his target picked before Pedro even went, so the delay seems to be financial.
    My feelings exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I heard the other day McLeish is lined up to replace McInnes
    I’d honestly rather keep McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’d honestly rather keep McInnes
    To be honest I cant see McLeish wanting the Aberdeen job or Aberdeen wanting McLeish.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    To be honest I cant see McLeish wanting the Aberdeen job or Aberdeen wanting McLeish.
    Oh I don't know about that. I think McLeish would lift his skirt to any passing job vacancy. seems to be getting more and more desperate as the month pass by.

Wouldn't be because he needs quick dough due to a tax invoice, would it?

Page 18 of 135 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast