+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    I have a feeling Stewart Milne will refuse an unwelcome Sevco approach for McInnes rendering this thread unnecessary.
    Derek’s reaction to that scenario would be very interesting. He’ll probably have something in his contract anyway to prevent that from happening

Lets see what happens early this week. I dont have a clue whats going to happen. I see why he might but i also see why he wouldnt.

Anyway fits Ossie Ardilles up to these days

Milne can attempt his dance of the 7 veils if they come calling for permission to speak with McInnes but it won't make any difference if he wants to go there. Money is involved.

Milne will see it as a way of reducing his costs and think he'll get someone in cheaper than Mckinnes.....as for his manner of negotiation, he's never held out for any decent payment for a player, so would expect him to cave in quickly if it is on the cards.

Hope he doesn't go to the huns, but if they wave a big enough cheque who knows.... will also hurt us playing them twice in a few days at the end of November. Could easily see us losing those two games against a Mckinnes organised hun team.

What's Steve Clarke doing these days?

When McInnes goes I want a more attack minded manager who doesn't revert to defensive tactics especially at home during bigger matches. I honestly think Neil Lennon could add something to our team under his management. I don't care about his history etc as my concern is improving on what we have at the moment.

Thankfully, Tommy Wright's reputation continues to fall.

Great timing

If McInnes goes to Mordor and therefore returns here in December with Sevco for the league game, will the same lamebrained half witted tubes who clapped Hayes on to the park last week do the same with McInnes?

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    I have a feeling Stewart Milne will refuse an unwelcome Sevco approach for McInnes rendering this thread unnecessary.
    I don’t think he will refuse them.
    My guess is that when DM signed his contract in the summer, there will have been a gentleman’s agreement that if a club wanted to speak with him (& agreed the compensation) then he’d let him do that.

For what it’s worth, I reckon he’ll be approached & if DM gets as far as talking to them, he’ll go.
    I think Sheerin & Robson will be caretakers for Accies away, then we’ll have the international break to appoint a new manager.

Sadly I think Milne will go for an uninspiring choice between Adams, Wright, McLeish.
    But timing is against Adams & Wright
    Adams is bottom League 1 & Wright’s hoofball has given St Johnstone 400+ minutes without a goal.

For what it’s worth, I’d be looking at Jack Ross maybe.

There may well be a figure in Deek’s contract that triggers his release but I’d like to think it was for departures to an English club. We’ve paid out hundreds of thousands in recent years for managers. We can’t sell ourselves short.

McInnes isn't daft. He's refused them once. He is after a bigger gig. In the event that it turns out he actually is daft then get Steve Clarke from Kilmarnock. Pay them the £500 compo.

Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast