+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1345

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am not saying Lennon is perfect but I still stand by my statement that he is a better manager than Derek McInnes. Lennon in all the matches you named never set out a team to try and stifle the opposition. In fairness he didn’t win every big match he ever managed but he certainly had a go.
    He would be a more than adequate replacement once Del gets sacked.
    Not much chance of McInnes getting sacked anytime soon.

As wiggy said he “is the happiest man in the world “

I can’t see Milne ever going for Lennon anyway.

I am not saying Lennon is perfect but I still stand by my statement that he is a better manager than Derek McInnes. Lennon in all the matches you named never set out a team to try and stifle the opposition. In fairness he didn’t win every big match he ever managed but he certainly had a go.
    Why would any Celtic manager try to stifle the opposition in matches against Hearts, Ross County, St Mirren and Kilmarnock? Wouldn't you expect them to win those games whatever system he chose to play given the vast disparity in resources? Against the last 3 in particular, his teams would have been earning more than 10 times as much.

You try to stifle the opposition if you are playing a team of better players, typically at a bigger club. Like Fergie did against Bayern away, for example. In those circumstances it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not much chance of McInnes getting sacked anytime soon.

As wiggy said he “is the happiest man in the world “

I can’t see Milne ever going for Lennon anyway.
    It will happen one day.

Milne wouldn’t go for Lennon anyway as you point out. My choice of Lennon is simply to answer to the doubters out there who said we couldn’t replace McInnes with anyone better.

You try to stifle the opposition if you are playing a team of better players, typically at a bigger club. Like Fergie did against Bayern away, for example. In those circumstances it's the right thing to do.[/QUOTE]

I would let McInnes off if he were to try and stifle a Bayern Munich away from home etc...but to try and stifle the likes of Motherwell in a one leg cup tie is a bit pathetic for an Aberdeen manager.

It will happen one day.

Milne wouldn’t go for Lennon anyway as you point out. My choice of Lennon is simply to answer to the doubters out there who said we couldn’t replace McInnes with anyone better.
    That doesn’t make any sense.

If you don’t think Milne would appoint Lennon then we wouldn’t be able to replace McInnes with him.

Of course there are better managers than McInnes,although I would disagree that Lennon is any better.

We could try to replace him with Guardiola but I don’t think he would be interested.

Yet, as it stands, Lennon's team are sitting 6 points behind McInnes's
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 13-12-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Hibs concede

Yet, as it stands, Lennon's team are sitting 6 points behind McInnes's
    Having scored less and conceded more..........
    fify

Yeah updated as they scored right after I posted

Worth pointing out that McInnes is a bit like the players we often sign - guys who have been highly rated in Scotland and have gone to England with little or mixed success. It’s probably why Sunderland were the first English team to try to entice him away.

If someone like Jack Ross came in and was successful he would be gone within a couple of seasons. Not an argument against bringing in an up and coming manager, just something to bear in mind.

Didn’t seem that way today.

Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast