+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

They are a cluster f*ck of a club and anyone in their right mind who goes there as a player or manager gets what is coming to them. Derek isn't going and quite frankly, they dont have anyone lined up for the job.

They made a hasty decision to bin Pedro, in the hope it would appease the fans and Murty would take the reigns for a good while, getting results where it mattered. Clearly the wheels have fallen off of that idea already and now they are stuck with Murty and a team full of duds, with no one actually wanting to take the job, further proving that Sevco is not Oldco and no one actually gives a f*ck about them.

McInnes, IMO, has a point to prove to us fans that he isn't going to lie down to this lot and show them up tonight for the sh!te that they really are. No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    They are a cluster f*ck of a club and anyone in their right mind who goes there as a player or manager gets what is coming to them. Derek isn't going and quite frankly, they dont have anyone lined up for the job.

They made a hasty decision to bin Pedro, in the hope it would appease the fans and Murty would take the reigns for a good while, getting results where it mattered. Clearly the wheels have fallen off of that idea already and now they are stuck with Murty and a team full of duds, with no one actually wanting to take the job, further proving that Sevco is not Oldco and no one actually gives a f*ck about them.

McInnes, IMO, has a point to prove to us fans that he isn't going to lie down to this lot and show them up tonight for the sh!te that they really are. No excuses.
    I think you are right about Murty and maybe, just maybe they put the feelers out and didn't get anything back.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    If I had to guess I'd say one of three things is going on:

1. There's some kind of internal decision-making mess at Ibrox with half those in charge pulling for one thing and the other half pulling for something else.

2. There's some financial blockage that is stopping them from sorting the situation out until something (a loan, a sign off from some disgruntled money man) is resolved and they can't seriously approach any new manager until this is sorted.

3. They've just completely mismanaged the situation and the delay is for no particular reason other than incompetence.

I'm betting on number 1, but who knows.
    Paralysis of indecision another.

Initially the hot money was on Deek. The bulk of the pressure from the Hun minded in the Meedja was along the lines of "it must be Deek, the club must do whatever it takes".

My suspicion is the board looked at Deek and saw a couple of things they seriously didn't like:

1. Cost. By all accounts he got a massive hike in salary post Sunderland. Hunco would presumably have to significantly better that, plus compensation. He's a pricey option, and they are skint.

2. He's already proved he's willing to look hard at any job offered him and decide whether it's the right move for his career. He would be looking for assurances on solvency, on the budget that would be made available, on being given a free hand to re-shape the club without interference, on not getting an early bullet because he can't overhaul the Tims, which he knows isn't happening under any manager. I very much doubt the board want that sort of scrutiny, and they definitely don't want turned down because their answers don't pass muster.

So their preferred option becomes Mr Notdeek. BUT with the Hun-minded media, ever in the business of bigging up the club to the Orcs, baying for his appointment based on delusions about the club's financial position and the magnetic attraction of the gig, they need to tread carefully. Look as if they are going for the cheap option (which they are) and they get slaughtered by the fans various commentators plus serious questions about financial clout. They need a guy who costs less than McInnes but looks good enough to sell as the preferred option, not the cheap one.

When Murty got off to a fairly shiny start they thought they might have found their saviour. Cheap and you could argue the appointment was about giving a popular bloke a chance after some good results.

It looks like that option's gone after Dundee/Hamilton, but two games against us could change that. However poor Hunco have been this season in terms of their own expectations, they can still field a team earning about 3 times ours, they will be at home, and I think they will be well up for these games. We all know how refereeing decisions are likely to pan out. Much as I hate to admit the possibility, I wouldn't rule out them getting a couple of decent results against us and everything looking very different come the start of next week: Deek's reputation tarnished, Murty a hero.

Listening to Radio Scotland Sevcosound last night, it was almost as if last week never actually happened, in terms of the public announcements from both our chairman and our manager. Totally ignored what was said.

The only slight point that could be made regarding McInnes's press conference was that, whilst he slammed the door shut on any potential move to Sevco, or any other move for that matter, we all know that if WBA had come in for him, he'd have been off, and quite rightly so but wasn't deemed experienced enough but that won't stop a decent championship coming in for him. So he will go. Possibly soon, next week even, if a vacancy crops up, so I took what he said with a slight pinch of salt

Aye.

The fact that West Brom have only chosen from the small pond full of ex premiership managers just shows that no club at that level is prepared to take a risk of any kind.
    They would rather choose someone who they already know is average at best instead of taking a chance on someone who very well could be better.

I hate using these stupid terms so lets just stick to the truth.
    An English division 1 side is obviously only available if they were effectively already relegated.
    An English division 2 side at the top end of their league is probably out of the equation also.
    So how many mid table, not that ambitious division 2 clubs would attract McInnes to leave Aberdeen?

The answer is of course that one is enough.

Being overlooked for Alan Pardew must be a dunt to the morale

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye.

The fact that West Brom have only chosen from the small pond full of ex premiership managers just shows that no club at that level is prepared to take a risk of any kind.
    They would rather choose someone who they already know is average at best instead of taking a chance on someone who very well could be better.

An English division 1 side is obviously only available if they were effectively already relegated.
    An English division 2 side at the top end of their league is probably out of the equation also.
    So how many mid table, not that ambitious division 2 clubs would attract McInnes to leave Aberdeen?

Agreed. That fact that Everton and WBA have gone for a pair of dinasours is indicative of the general chairman thought process down there. Safety first.

10 years ago, half the Premiership (sorry, 1st division) managers were jocks. Now, money talks and bullsh1t walks, and even decent young English managers are not getting a chance

So, Derek might find his route to the top dan souff might have to begin at an even lower level than Bristol City

Or, he might just realise that what he has here is worth sticking around for

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Agreed. That fact that Everton and WBA have gone for a pair of dinasours
    Not being a follower of guffy fitba I had to go check.

Fat Sam is far from a dinosaur, he has a great record in the bottom half of the most over-rated league in the world. He'll keep them up.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye.

there are enough small enough teams that could show an interest in McInnes.
    He really needs to take Aberdeen to the Europa league stage to gain some more credibility down south.

He was on the list for WBA, so not necessarily out of the picture in the future
    Smaller teams like Brighton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc are not outwith the realms of possibility.

Probably more likely in the championship, unless he can raise his stock higher here.
    I think his stock, must be higher than when he left St Johnstone.
    So teams like Bristol City, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Notts Forrest (Do you think Warburton is a higher calibre than McInnes), Norwich, Ipswich, Fulham, Preston, Brentford etc, may all be able to offer more and be attractive for McInnes and they might be willing to go for DM and Doc

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Not being a follower of guffy fitba I had to go check.

Fat Sam is far from a dinosaur, he has a great record in the bottom half of the most over-rated league in the world. He'll keep them up.
    Yeah I've no doubt he will, as will "Pards" at WBA, but that's not my point. Neither are what you might call "progressive" managers, are they; disciples of Pep?

My point is that Guffy chairman are sticking with the tried and tested, safety first, but their clubs, and their players, will suffer in the long run.

Page 62 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast