+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On this day at Pittodrie, 40 years ago.......

On this day at Pittodrie, 40 years ago.......

On this day 40 years ago, a Billy McNeil led AFC rampaged over and utterly humiliated a Rangers team 4-0.

Around the midway point in the 2nd half, the Huns, who were in the Paddock, cascaded over the wall and got as far as the halfway line, in an attempt to get the game abandoned, a trick they were to repeat at Fir Park; alas, they failed on this occasion, as Grampian's finest huckled them off the pitch, with a good few on them enjoying a festive lunch c/o Lodge Walk.

Scum then, scum now. In another 40 years when I'm long long gone, what's the odds on them still being scum?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    On this day 40 years ago, a Billy McNeil led AFC rampaged over and utterly humiliated a Rangers team 4-0.

Around the midway point in the 2nd half, the Huns, who were in the Paddock, cascaded over the wall and got as far as the halfway line, in an attempt to get the game abandoned, a trick they were to repeat at Fir Park; alas, they failed on this occasion, as Grampian's finest huckled them off the pitch, with a good few on them enjoying a festive lunch c/o Lodge Walk.

Scum then, scum now. In another 40 years when I'm long long gone, what's the odds on them still being scum?
    I think that Ibrox will be flattened and any team that represented that area will be deceased. Probably due to major money problems.

I was - 6

I was there - that was a right good side we had then with no fear of the gruesome twosome and regularly turned them over.

Can remember a small pitch invasion by the vermin quickly brought under control.

I was there too.

The pitch invasion was one of their most effective tactics.

Won them the league title after that Motherwell invasion despite us being clearly the better side that season.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I was there too.

The pitch invasion was one of their most effective tactics.

Won them the league title after that Motherwell invasion despite us being clearly the better side that season.
    There was never any TV coverage of this game, to the best of my memery. Both Sportscene and Scotsport had put away there cameras for the festive period.

Quick wikipedia check tells me that the scorers that day were Gibson, Robb, Harper and Jarvie

The Mwell game, Well were 2-0 up, on came the Huns, players taken into the dressing room for 15mins or so until calm was restored, play re-commecned, Huns won 3-2.

And, pipped us to the league title by 2 'kin points

Aye and as far as I remember the three goals came quickly after the restart.

The result of the inquiry was "The pitch invasion didn't affect the result"

Ah, the 14 year auld me loved that game.

They're the vilest of the vile....always have been and the new version always will be.

Utter, utter, utter filth.....every last one of them.

I also was there.
    Scum then and the tribute act fans are just as bad now
    Scum always

I was one. I remember watching it & thinking ‘I hate those mutant Hun c*nts’

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast