+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    There's another factor with this, which is inside info. Anyone close to Deek or the club or Hunco could have a little snippet of information that distorts the odds. It exaggerates the effect of new money being wagered, because the bookies will always be nervous that it points to people knowing something they don't, and their natural instinct is to shorten the odds to keep their arses covered.
    The bookies - who are all England based - haven't got a scooby about who and what is involved in Scottish football.

Somebody’s put a wedge on Van Bronckhorst. His odds have came right down.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Can't see them going for Michael O'Neill for fairly obvious reasons.

It's all about the money I'm afraid. Hugh McDonald a journalist I rate as a decent sort of chap on tv last night suggested the Huns board are becoming split on the matter. Some just want to go with Murty to the end of the season and are baulking at the money required to get McInnes in. He suggested that McInnes has intimated he is open to the job subject to assurances re budget. Make of that what you will.

I just wish they would get on with it as it will be affecting the players.
    So McInnes would go to Sevco if they gave him lots of cash to spend - hardly world shattering news that is it.

Good news that actually (apart from for you Mason ) - as it basically means he's not going. Did anyone see the Sevco accounts? They have the growing debt (in-house granted but debt nonetheless). Now, they have stated a wish to convert this to equity, and while they would now be able to pass a resolution to do this at AGM since Ashley sold up, I doubt they'd be able to find a NOMAD to advise on a share issue and prospectus so I don't know how they would be able to make this happen anyway. FFP anyone? (no laughing at the back).

Apart from that, the accounts detail the millions more they need in loans just to stand still and keep the lights on this season and next - figures all predicated on completely unrealistic targets too mind - and it was clearly stated in the accounts that the financing of player acquisitions would have to come entirely from player disposals.

I.E, they are totally skint (no shock) and any new manager will have to sell before they buy / sign anyone. Easy to say, far harder to do with a bunch of duds on massive pay packets who will not budge without getting their cash first.

Then there is the small matter of the Takeover Panel court case where King (if justice prevails) is bound to lose. If he does, that throws their whole financial setup under the bus.

Then there is the potential financial "cold shoulder" which would in effect close them down and make them have to operate (if they could) as a cash business only.

McInnes would have to be a fu'ckin imbecile to go anywhere near that place - either now or in the summer.

How many Huns do you know that aren’t f*cking imbeciles?

I would wager that AFC have not been officially approached yet is because McInnes may not be their number one choice. Mason says Van Bronchorst's odds have shortened. I was tempted to put some money on him also after what I heard today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    How many Huns do you know that aren’t f*cking imbeciles?
    Fair point. I prefer to think of McInnes as a "former Rangers player" rather than a hun*

*Of course, if he goes there he reverts to full hun status immediately!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    So McInnes would go to Sevco if they gave him lots of cash to spend - hardly world shattering news that is it.

Good news that actually (apart from for you Mason ) - as it basically means he's not going. Did anyone see the Sevco accounts? They have the growing debt (in-house granted but debt nonetheless). Now, they have stated a wish to convert this to equity, and while they would now be able to pass a resolution to do this at AGM since Ashley sold up, I doubt they'd be able to find a NOMAD to advise on a share issue and prospectus so I don't know how they would be able to make this happen anyway. FFP anyone? (no laughing at the back).

Apart from that, the accounts detail the millions more they need in loans just to stand still and keep the lights on this season and next - figures all predicated on completely unrealistic targets too mind - and it was clearly stated in the accounts that the financing of player acquisitions would have to come entirely from player disposals.

I.E, they are totally skint (no shock) and any new manager will have to sell before they buy / sign anyone. Easy to say, far harder to do with a bunch of duds on massive pay packets who will not budge without getting their cash first.

Then there is the small matter of the Takeover Panel court case where King (if justice prevails) is bound to lose. If he does, that throws their whole financial setup under the bus.

Then there is the potential financial "cold shoulder" which would in effect close them down and make them have to operate (if they could) as a cash business only.

McInnes would have to be a fu'ckin imbecile to go anywhere near that place - either now or in the summer.
    Holy smoke min. I wasn't breaking earth shattering news. If anything its you that goes on to state the bleedin obvious. Everyone knows that the huns are in a mess financially. I'm very happy about that.

The point I was making was that I did not accept that the huns had not sounded McInnes out in some way or indeed that McInnes would not be interested in the job. Being interested does not necessarily mean he would take it. Financial mess or otherwise they would still have to put some form of package to McInnes re budget. That does not mean throwing lots of cash at him. If they had that they wouldn't be going for him in the first place.

Deek is a man with confidence in his own ability and would consider himself capable of improving the huns in time and if he was given some money to spend. Whether that would be good enough for the hordes would remain to be seen (unlikely) but right now that would seem enough for the present board.

I agree with you that on paper they don't have any real cash at all. If they are able to rustle up sufficient cash by fair means or foul and the board decide not to stick with Murty then McInnes will likely go. I don't think they have been able to date hence the delay. If he wasn't interested he would have told them already privately and probably in public.

If they don't, as is likely, have enough cash to entice him( or more accurately make an official approach in the first place) then I'm happy.
    Last edited by kigoretrout; 08-11-2017 at 05:36 PM.

1/4 now

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    1/4 now
    Who? Van bronkhorst?

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    Who? Van bronkhorst?
    No, he's around 100/30, though Ladbrokes and Corals have him at 10/11

However our Derek is drifting considerably, and apart from the outlying Skybet who must have a decent liability as they're still 1/5, you won't get worse than 1/3 elsewhere now.

Page 39 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast